PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is this buyers remorse?

Options

Comments

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 September 2017 at 11:35PM
    Options
    May as well join,bought mine for £65,500 in 2007 (the year before the seller bought it for half), most likely the same now, houses in my street are not selling or very slowly.

Do I care? No, as I have no plans to move - I just can't be bothered, roof over my head that's what matters to me even though i hate the house. Also mortgage being only £197 is a bonus due to being 2% over the BOE rate :D
  • purpleparrotuk
    Options

Why do you keep posting links on here? This thread started off on one topic any you keep posting random links nothing to do with it.
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    Was the flat in London? How much were you paying?

It was in Earlsfield (zone 3) and ten years ago I was paying £875 per month for a 1 bed flat. Looks like you only get house shares for that budget these days.

My current basic mortgage rate (I overpay a lot) is under £800 per month, for a 2 bed house in zone 4.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • rae123
    Options
    When I was looking to buy recently my mortgage was calculated as £150 less pcm than my current rent.

I feel sorry for OP, they just wanted some reassurance about their first house purchase and people are slating the thought of even purchasing a home.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    rae123 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for OP, they just wanted some reassurance about their first house purchase and people are slating the thought of even purchasing a home.
    Generally just the one person...
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
    Options
    Why do you keep posting links on here? This thread started off on one topic any you keep posting random links nothing to do with it.

It's really quite sad isn't it. Surely you must have better things to do with your time Crashy?
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

The article is full of "Buyers Remorse" from start to finish.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ReadingTim wrote: »
    You can be as handwringingly despondent as you like, it won't do you any good. The "debt based money system" AKA western capitalism doesn't seem to have toppled yet, whilst its rivals, save for Cuba and North Korea, have come and gone.

My own view is that the property market is the next "big banks", will be similarly deemed 'too big to fail' and accordingly, will be bailed out at all costs.

How will they do it?
  • jimbog
    jimbog Posts: 2,113 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    n1guy wrote: »
    After some advice here guys, recently been told we have to move out as the landlord is selling, been to 3 open views and been unsuccessful in them all.

To be honest, this is all new to us, we've been renting nearly 20 years, our longest tenancy was 10 years, back then there was no competition, you phoned up the estate agent, went to view the house and you got it, things have changed big time.

Our last viewing, for example, was at 5pm, we turned up at 4.50 thinking we'd be early, there was already 6 other couples waiting to view, god knows hows many turned up in that hour, speaking to the estate agent at a previous viewing he said he had 25 couples down to visit.

There is also hardly anything to rent, you get roughly 1 property added per week within a 20 mile radius that makes it practical for work and schools, so you've less properties and more people wanting to rent them. How the hell do we win at this? We're looking long term rentals, have glowing references due to never being as much as late on a months rent, in fact we always pay a day or 2 early to keep the landlords sweet, any tips much appreciated.

and this is why, like OutVileJelly, I'm happy not renting
    Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family