PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is this buyers remorse?

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That sentence alone means that you should never ever be giving financial advice to anyone, ever. You eventually got your money back though didn`t you, or most of it? I don`t think recent borrowers into this property bubble will be so lucky:(
    I didn't say I had all of my money in those banks. I spread it around, as I was advised to do by this site, among others.

I lost nothing. I got out of Kaupthing in time. Icesave took longer.

Because I may have once made an error, I am, apparently, damned for all time from exercising judgement. Well then, that's me and the vast bulk of human society who can't live up to your high standards.

What drivel!
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    I didn't say I had all of my money in those banks. I spread it around, as I was advised to do by this site, among others.

I lost nothing. I got out of Kaupthing in time. Icesave took longer.

Because I may have once made an error, I am, apparently, damned for all time from exercising judgement. Well then, that's me and the vast bulk of human society who can't live up to your high standards.

What drivel!

Ok fair enough, but the example of two dodgy banks going under isn`t really relevant to whether or not putting money into a property bubble is more sensible than accepting that the chances of not getting your money back from NS&I, Vanguard, UK/German/US bonds etc. is pretty much zero. As you say diversifying it around is prudent, but all on property (as I understood the OP to mean) is all concentrated risk.
  • _CC_
    _CC_ Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    It is amazing, when front line politicians are basically getting up to the podium to reel off a HPC wish list

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41459446

I didn't know HTB was in the 'HPC wish list'. Learn something new every day :p
  • Crashy_Time
    Options
    _CC_ wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41459446

I didn't know HTB was in the 'HPC wish list'. Learn something new every day :p

The more they try to prop it up, the more the chance of JC as PM increases IMO (He is probably going to win it anyway) then it will be a proper crash, bond markets, run on the pound, the whole nine yards.
  • Crashy_Time
    Options
    DaftyDuck wrote: »
    Poop... Total poop!

Are you able to explain, or is this just an automatic response to something you don`t like?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure