PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Measuring Up

Options
12346»

Comments

• goodwithsaving
    Options
    yes they are still keen and continuing with the purchase.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    yes they are still keen and continuing with the purchase.

Which is another way of saying, "No, we haven't exchanged yet."

Mind you, how Crashy expects exchange to happen over the weekend is beyond me, especially when you said a few days ago "Fingers crossed the next couple of weeks go smoothly and we do get to exchange."

In the final analysis, what any of us thinks is irrelevant. Every transaction is unique. At least two of us have reached the stage you're at and not had a positive experience, and our contribution is as valid as anyone else's.

The main thing to remember is that we survived.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Katgrit wrote: »
    Because when you're tearing your hair out with solicitors, estate agents, running backwards and forwards providing statements and wage slips its nice to have light relief and sit with the Argos catalogue planning out your new house. You've started a process to buy a house because you like it, so its assumed you'd be looking forward to moving in and night be actually excited about it!

NB...the above applies to people who buy a house to be a HOME and not purely as an "investment". (Still makes me shudder when I hear that)

You won`t be shuddering as much as the people who actually BOUGHT into this idea in recent years IMO.
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    That isn't what you said at all, no matter how many times anyone reads it.

You said, "if there was one person on here to kick off the site for scaremongering and inaccurate posts it's him!!" which seems to imply that you think he ought to be kicked-off for those things.

If that isn't the message that you wanted to convey, then maybe you should have written what your clarification says instead.

Have you not got anything better to do than pick apart people's posts? Obviously not which is a shame. I reinforce my original point. Ignore Crashy.
  • goodwithsaving
    Options
    Can we please not use my forum entry for a battle ground. I've had advice for which I am very grateful, and prefer to keep this in the spirit of the helpful MSE.
    Thank you.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When do you exchange?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income