The final countdown

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Congratulations. Great news.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations El! And what a wonderful celebration day you had, it sounds perfect.

Really pleased for you.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks everyone I appreciate it, and yeah KC it was wonderful

well so far today Mr El has found a canoe for £500 a bargain down from £1100 ... the fact we are going on holiday in July and don't have near enough money for the holiday is by the by it's a bargain lol lol lol

I think we may need to have yet another wee sit down and chat and a few things about money and saving needs to come up, no point on being mortgage free if your going to waste the money your now not paying on a mortgage

to hum onwards and upwards
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If it's any consolation El, I think the *only* holiday that Mrs E and I have budgeted for was our first trip to Greece 11 years ago :rotfl:

Do you have any secret Scottish tips for food shopping? While we are not doing the whole Paleo thing, I think quite a few of our healthy eating preferences (organic, grass fed etc.) might match your own.
  • elantan
    Options
    I'm not doing strict Paleo Ed tbh . it is more of what you are doing, son did discover that bulk buying fish wasn't as easy as he first thought, I'm struggling to find an organic grass fed farm place I can trust, and eggs ... sheesh £1.80 yesterday from Tesno for 6 so that deff needs to change,

I have found bulk buying coconut oil helps, but I am struggling to replicate that with avocado oil and olive oil,

my food budget is £400 a month for us 2 which I understand is a lot for people but I seem to struggle if I am eating healthy .. the shop that used to be in your village ( but has now gone) was great to shop in ... but it was anything but cheap

if u can solve anything ket me know

p.s trying to sit with budgets just now and I'm attempting to out money by for holidays and kayaking ... it's not working well, where on earth do we get the money for holidays I wonder
  • elantan
    Options
    I do like damdelicious in Thankerton, I think I will need to go back to them, they are tasty grass fed but I don't think they are organic.

https://www.damndelicious.co.uk
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Re. Fish, I wonder if any of the cash and carries do wild caught MSC salmon whole? Around £1.50-2 seems normal for a small fillet these days.

L1dl are c. £1.30 for 6 organic eggs
  • elantan
    Options
    I can hit litl on the way home from work ... Will do that in the morning I reckon ... thanks :)

because I've been concentrating so much on the whole health thing with Mr El I have forgotten to be bothered to check prices, I was just in Tesno yesterday and did note the price of the eggs

chicken for dinner tomorrow so will be dropping into litl for some supplies

does anyone happen to have a costno card ? I'm trying to decide if it is worth getting one ... I think I will stick with the farm that I like for meat but I other things need to be bought
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,544 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I have a booker card.
    Think you pay for Costco cards now so you need to see if worth your while.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elantan
    Options
    yeah they are I think £35 ( not sure though)

trying to figure out if it is worth it tbh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport