paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,172
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well done on getting reports done.

Not finished them lol, just actually got started! Handing them in on Friday so still plodding through, slowly.
    Mortgage £131,417going down slowly Brightfuturefund (BFF) £8396
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    Two days of uni visits done, one possible choice, the other probably discounted now. So hard to make such an important decision but at least we have a few months to mull it all over yet.

Not been very moneysaving this week, must do better tbh. So busy with meetings atm it's ridiculous and I have a raft of emails that all need some actions sorting too. Need to just sit down, write a list, do one thing at a time and plod onwards. House is appalling atm and we had the attack of the ants this morning from under the front door so they need 'sorting out' too!

Really looking forward to the summer holidays and a bit less frantic pace.
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    Tired, but a lazy weekend ahead for once!

Got to check out bank statements tomorrow as we head to a summer of no pay between contracts. Apart from that it should be a cheap one, plenty of food in and no-one else in the house has any major plans either. Reading, bit of school work, knitting and some more Grey's Anatomy to be watched.
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    Lots of housework done but also a lot of reading. Have got into the habit of getting books out of the library instead of buying them so moneysaving too. Been feeling my age recently so lots of reading on healthier choices, so need to cut down on sugar as it's my downfall.

Two more weeks of work then a lovely long summer and I can't do much as my laptop has to go in for refurb and my classroom is being gutted and rebuilt. Going to see if I can carry on the decluttering and moneysaving and get some surveys done too to keep a little bit of cash trickling in. Want to spend some time re-learning how to cook from scratch as well to keep costs to a minimum.
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    NSD today, the first of many hopefully as we lurch towards summer! Other half has just had his LBM regarding the mortgage and has finally understood how much we owe and how every spend matters, whether or not this makes a difference to his spending is another thing - watch this space.
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    Got my new contract for September and I get paid right through till end of August next year which will really help money wise. Husband has also switched roles a bit at work which keeps him on the same pay, hours & conditions but with added bonus that he can now get paid overtime, woohoo. His LBM about the mortgage recently has really helped focus his mind considerably and he's also sold two lots of wargame figures for £75 & has put the money into our account instead of just spending it on himself for a change.
    Weekend is a nice quiet one with just a church event on Sunday. Need to sort out online banking again as my access card has died a death. Trying to get a million school things done and dusted by Friday so I have less to do over the summer holidays.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Good news on the new contract :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • oceanspirit
    oceanspirit Posts: 1,010
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Great news on the new contract and also DH's LBM. Am also very happy that you'll have a good long break this summer to look after yourself and spend time with your children.

Maybe the teen will help with healthy, low cost cooking - I seem to recall they enjoy baking? Will stand them in good stead for their upcoming student years.
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    Yes. she finished a couple of weeks ago and has already started baking and doing a lot more meals, she's really good and helps with meal planning and shopping already. She's also got another job starting next week, so that's one job working as an advisor with the council and a small one delivering a local magazine every couple of months, she has such a brilliant work ethic and has already done all her summer homework and started on the great bedroom tidy of 2019! She puts me to shame really.

Spent a few pounds on salady stuff and some food for church outreach tomorrow and been making paper cup whale cup and ball games for one of the activities. Got a refund from Ebay for something that we ordered ages ago but that never came, have been refunded more than it cost due to the time it took to resolve, so a small win but everything counts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure