Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 1 October 2020 at 7:00PM
    Options
    Looks like minimum £10 redemption to get Plastic LTS card through the post  £10 Love2shop Gift Card
    Redemptions that I spoke of were Amazon :)

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,965 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've messed up.
    On the app it gave a list of RFIDs, some of which I didn't have, so I marked them accordingly. They have now disappeared from my list of current RFIDs.
    This week I open my posting pack and inside are the RFIDs that I had marked as not having them. Except I can't use them as they have disappeared from my list. The help section suggests returning RFIDs that the system doesn't see you as having, any other remedy? Or should I just hope that I receive some in the post that I can use? 
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Don't think you have  any option but to just return them. If you don't have any others to use, you may have to hold that post for a week until you receive some more RFIDs
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Primrose said:
    Sweden where some rural communities  were forced out of existence,
    Oh dear, how many people died? It sounds like ethnic cleaning, they should not be allowed to get away with it,
    GONE ENGLAND
  • prernakapoor
    Options
    Got this message in my account earlier. Is there really an issue with a minute or so here or there? I understand if it's borderline to the last collection time, but through the day would this make a large difference that I need a slap on the wrist?

" We noticed that the posting times you record for a lot of your items are multiples of 5 minutes, like 10:20, 12:05, 15:40 etc. We’d normally expect your posting times to vary more like 10:23, 12:02, 15:34.

While you may have posted some items exactly at the time you recorded them, it is unlikely that most of them would be posted at exact multiples of 5 minutes - please make sure you record the posting times accurate to the minute. Whether you’re posting at a mailbox, post office or making your items available for collection, the time of posting you record determines which date we’d expect it to be picked up by Royal Mail – and a difference of 1 minute can mean so much as the item being considered late by an entire day.

Royal Mail tells us the exact time of each mail collection and these are usually not the same as last collection times advertised at the posting locations – sometimes they’re a few minutes earlier or later. So, the accuracy of your posting times really makes a big difference in determining if an item is late or on time."
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It does sound a bit over the top!  I use the app to record items and times when posting, it makes it a lot easier.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If RM collected one minute before or after the recorded posting time, surely you would still be in view of the postbox and know and be clear in your timing.
  • Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    It depends what way you round, and they won’t have visibility over this hence the requirement to record to the precise minute. For example, if you post at 10.21, but record the time of posting as 10.25, it could have been collected at 10.24 (which is long enough of a difference for you not to see the postman come to collect it) and the item you posted then suddenly arrives much earlier than would be expected, based on a 10.25 posting time.

I suspect they also have concerns that if the exact time isn’t being used, they don’t know how much rounding is actually happening. Is it to the nearest 5 minutes, up to the next 5 minutes, to the nearest 15 minutes and means that the survey data is potentially unreliable.  It doesn’t prevent someone from sticking any old time of posting in but they don’t seem to have figured out that as a risk yet!  Even though, a few months ago, there were multiple reports of items being received before they were posted...
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I post most of mine the night before and log them on the app whenever I wake up
    GONE ENGLAND
  • wideband
    wideband Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Correctly Delivered invite hit inbox @ 14:02 - commencing 26/10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income