Journey to £0 by 2020, with a few bumps along the way

Options
1585960616264»

Comments

• Four_Seasons
    Options
    congratulations! that sounds so exciting.
  • Kakiste
    Kakiste Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper
    Options
    Police work is never boring! Congrats on the new job. :smile:
    Bottom line; 
    £49k paid off 
    Car HP paid off
    Debt Free!
    Saved Escape fund and moved out. 

Current focus; saving Emergency fund
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Exciting news, congratulations!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Congratulations on both the new career and still being debt free. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all, I'm still here, not totally disappeared off the face of the earth.

Milestone was reached this month, mortgage went under 200K :smiley: currently owe £199,994 

Our fixed rate is up in April 2023, at the moment the mortgage is due to end when I'm 65. When we renew I would like to bring this down to finish when I'm 60 which is my retirement age with the police (if I'm still there!) husband would be 54 then 

Other than that still debt free and still driving the same crappy old car haha, it's 16 this year and still going 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,599 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope you are enjoying your new career and good idea to adjust the mortgage term if you want to retire early. Getting under £200k is awesome as I think you live in an expensive area of the UK?  Are  you saving for a new car? 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you are enjoying your new career and good idea to adjust the mortgage term if you want to retire early. Getting under £200k is awesome as I think you live in an expensive area of the UK?  Are  you saving for a new car? 
    Great memory, yes we live in Berkshire so ££££

Sometimes I think it would be better to sell our 3 bed and buy a 2 bed and have a smaller mortgage. 

Currently have £5,000 earmarked for a car for me, will keep adding to it. Depending on how long my car lasts I could either just spend the £5,000 and buy one outright or top up with a small loan/credit card and clear asap 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback