Comments

• maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,675 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    goo Good luck for both Chelsea Blue.🤞🤞🤞
  • chelseablue
    Options
    Yes, fingers crossed.  How did the interview go on Monday? 
    Ok I think, not heard from them as yet 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Fingers crossed for them both for you.  
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sarahwithlove
    Options
    Good luck on the job front hope you manage to find something soon. How's things going with hubby and him spending money? Have you thought about giving him a weekly allowance so that way he only has to go to end of week before he gets next lot. How's the loan and savings looking now? Hope you haven't had to dip into them too much.
    *Dad loan - £5300 - £1700
    *Virgin Credit Card - £3552.50 - £0
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

*Sinking Fund - £2000/£3000*
    *Emergency Fund -£50/£2000

*Debt Repayments Pot - £0/0*

New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • chelseablue
    Options
    He’s better than he was :smile: 
    I think his new job working on site helps, he’s too busy to think about spending haha. 
    Mon-thurs he takes a packed lunch and then on a Friday he takes the card and gets lunch out. Nothing extravagant just a greggs or a burger etc. 
    Loan is currently at £4,400 and savings are at £25,000 (husband took voluntary redundancy from his office job which has boosted the pot a bit)
    Im still employed until end of January so haven’t had to use any savings yet. I’ll be getting around £7,000 redundancy and when I get a job we’re getting our bathroom done as it’s horrible. 
    Roll on employment!
  • Sarahwithlove
    Options
    That's great that you have so much in savings. If you manage to get a job right away will you pay the loan off from your savings? 
    *Dad loan - £5300 - £1700
    *Virgin Credit Card - £3552.50 - £0
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

*Sinking Fund - £2000/£3000*
    *Emergency Fund -£50/£2000

*Debt Repayments Pot - £0/0*

New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    You have a great savings pot there so that is brilliant.  Hope you manage to get a job soon.  Things are looking up if you have had 2 interviews in one week. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • chelseablue
    Options
    Hi all, didn't get either of the jobs I interviewed for, very depressing
    Husband says the right job is out there for me, the rejections are steering me towards it. I hope he's right. 
    Saving's are now at £26,500. Will be boosted to about £34,000 when I get my redundancy pay-out in January
    If husband works Mon-Fri he takes home £1,300 a month, our monthly direct debits are £1,490 (just bills, this doesn't include fuel and food)
    I've worked out that if I took £500 a month from my savings it will last 68 months, so about 5 and a half years! 
    Hopefully I will have a job by then!! 
  • Four_Seasons
    Options
    I am sure you will.  Your husband is right "The" job is just around the corner!! keep safe and try not to worry! x
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Hopefully something will come up soon.  At least you have a good savings buffer and your husband still has work.  You will be fine and the right job is out there.  I am not sure what line you are in but is it worth applying for temporary contracts in the meantime? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure