Make upto £10 a day in August 2017 - everybody most welcome

Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another 10p from citizens

£6.67 from matched betting. Would have been more but wrong team won lol :eek::mad:
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 August 2017 at 5:01PM
    Options
    I hope you're somehow managing some tlme for you Aesop. And I hope your other half appreciates all you do for him - invoicing is a nightmare, no wonder you have a stinking headache.

Well done Carbootcrazy, that's a brilliant total. What an achievement. Sounds like it's a really good site where you are. I've done my second car boot sale in a week today. I left at 11.30 as my mother in law was treating me for lunch - which was great - and sorry to sound tight but from a money saving point of view it would have set me back around £40 if I'd have paid for the 3 of us. I did offer to pay but she wasn't having it. I also parked for free this afternoon instead of paying £1 as I usually do without thinking.

I made £63 after my fee at the car boot sale. I'm pleased with that as it was pretty much household stuff that I was trying to shift. I made half that last week. Two in a row is enough for me. ��

I have three items ending on eBay today. One has ended at 99p but with £3.40 postage - I think postage could be a fair bit less and the item (a headband) is broken so still not a bad result. I have a bid for £5 on one of the others and no bids on the other one - so mixed and slow, but again happy with that. I have a few Buy it Nows that I may need to lower the price on as they're not shifting.

I am doing 2 mystery shops tomorrow and have done a fair few this week. It will all add up. I'm so glad I've stuck at it.

Cheers all. Hope you have a lovely Sunday evening, whatever you're up to - ��
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That is amazing, CBC, I think the most I've ever made at a car boot was about £130 and that was a loooooooong time ago!

I've only listed a couple of things on the bay of e but I have put about 50 things up on FB to see if I can sell any of it there first.

My local FB selling page seems to be full of mostly skint people though, I put up a post looking for someone to do two hours cleaning for me and was inundated with messages but all the things for sale seem to just sink (not just mine!) It seems everyone is in the same boat!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Some amazing totals already!

I got 11 items listed, some have watchers already! I know that doesn't mean a sale but I'm surprised someone even looked never mind choose to watch them :rotfl:
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Listed 6 items on ebay, including several pairs of 'trashed' shoes. There's clearly a market for it as 2 of the pairs have bids on already.

Not much else to report.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks very much for your kind wishes for a good car boot sale, Talia and Lynne:beer:

Not been back home long, it seems ages since I was last here sitting in my chair as I had to leave home this morning at 4.45. Well worth the effort though as that boot sale is very popular and usually heaving. They weren't in a rush to boot us off the field either:j so most of us sellers just stayed until we'd had enough.

Lovely sunny day here, not too hot though, and a nice gentle breeze after the gales of the last few days. Perfect booting weather IMO:j. Everyone seemed in a good mood and willing to spend and it was one of my best ever for profits with £204 made:eek:. I confess to splashing out £7 of the profit on a few books from the adjacent seller(for my own reading pleasure as reading is my number one hobby and I can sell them in the future when I've finished with them:T). A lot of them were in a 3 for £1 offer so I've ended up with plenty to keep me going for the next few months. Deducted that £7 from my profits which I'm considering as £197. Can't even remember a lot of what I sold, it included lots and lots of small cheap bits and bobs:o.

So far no sales from my eBay listings:(

Will be back after I've had a few cups of tea (my addiction:rotfl:) to see what everyone else is up to.

What a great result CBC :T
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had a very unproductive few days but adding £5.71 cashback from my 123 lite account after the £1 fee and 52p from citizenme taking me to £43 so far

I have quite a few empty ink cartridges somewhere that I was planning to send off ages ago so must find them out and get them sent this week.

Well done to everyone who has made a little or a lot. Keep up the good work everyone xx
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks very much for your kind wishes for a good car boot sale, Talia and Lynne:beer:

Not been back home long, it seems ages since I was last here sitting in my chair as I had to leave home this morning at 4.45. Well worth the effort though as that boot sale is very popular and usually heaving. They weren't in a rush to boot us off the field either:j so most of us sellers just stayed until we'd had enough.

Lovely sunny day here, not too hot though, and a nice gentle breeze after the gales of the last few days. Perfect booting weather IMO:j. Everyone seemed in a good mood and willing to spend and it was one of my best ever for profits with £204 made:eek:. I confess to splashing out £7 of the profit on a few books from the adjacent seller(for my own reading pleasure as reading is my number one hobby and I can sell them in the future when I've finished with them:T). A lot of them were in a 3 for £1 offer so I've ended up with plenty to keep me going for the next few months. Deducted that £7 from my profits which I'm considering as £197. Can't even remember a lot of what I sold, it included lots and lots of small cheap bits and bobs:o.

So far no sales from my eBay listings:(

Will be back after I've had a few cups of tea (my addiction:rotfl:) to see what everyone else is up to.

Wow, what a fabulous result.

Tea and books are my vices too :D
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Florence_J wrote: »
    Listed 6 items on ebay, including several pairs of 'trashed' shoes. There's clearly a market for it as 2 of the pairs have bids on already.

Not much else to report.

Oh, there is, Florence, but not one you want to think about too much :eek:

Somebody I worked with was selling some old shoes and got a very odd message asking if she'd ever squashed any bugs in them :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing much to report but love to stop by and read all your posts, so many great ideas. Whilst being a part of this group it's made me step up my surveys as opposed to letting them linger in in my inbox. Hoping that I'll have some updates this week as expecting some bits through and have packaged up some old cartridges to send off tomorrow.

Night all x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills