• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you have a lovely day.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Have a great day.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely day! Xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you :) We had a lovely day yesterday, and another lovely day today. I was planning a super early night, but just as I was tidying up the living room, I heard ds1 coughing in that certain way.......and he's been pretty sick since!! Poor little monkey. It wasn't all that long ago that he had a sickness bug, and it really knocked him. I'm hoping it's not as bad this time. I feel at the moment that one of us is always poorly......the joys of children I guess!! I really hate seeing them poorly, though.

I eventually got through to Mr S to tell him (his mobile was on silent - by mistake apparently :mad: so I had to phone his mother, who had no idea who I was!!! I mean we've only been separated a couple of months after being together almost 10 years!!!) so he is here now sleeping in with ds1.

Looking at the positives, I will have an extra £5 at least for the 'leftover pot' which will be split between savings and mortgage overpayment at the end of the month as ds1 won't be in school to have his school dinners for the next 2 days at least!!

My plan tomorrow was the food shop, but I'll have to see what Mr S' plans are first to see whether I'll be going or not. Ds2 has an appointment with the health visitor tomorrow as well, but we'll have to see whether we'll have to cancel or whether someone can stay home with ds1.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Thankfully ds1 is much better. It may have been too much rich food after 1 too many meals out over the weekend. Ds2 isn't 100% though, and his temperature keeps jumping up to around 39.5. It comes back down with medicine, but looks like he's fighting another virus.

I did manage to get to the supermarket. I didn't take a list, didn't have a meal plan and decided to get a fortnight's worth of things as Aldi is closing for a week for a refurb towards the end of this week. I usually budget around £45 a week, but yesterday came to £85. I will need fruit and milk next week, but that's it, so fingers crossed I won't be too much over the £90.

I then meal planned yesterday afternoon for the next 2 weeks, using the food that I had bought. Starting with pulled pork today - yum!!

I need to get on with the housework today. All I did yesterday was the food shopping and washed all ds1's bedclothes and bits from Sunday night. The laundry basket is filling once more, and pushing the hoover around would be good!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!! What a good start to Tuesday. I just checked my bank accounts and it seems I've been using the wrong chequebook. The last fortnight's dinner money payments have come out of the wrong account, one where I had no money in to start. Thankfully they only went out today, so I've managed to transfer the money straight over. I have a feeling that I've done that with another cheque too, will check when I properly get up!!! What a muppet!!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Ds1 being better didn't last long. He was sick again this morning. He has spent the morning in my bed watching cbeebies, and ds2 is very clingy/not himself, and is now in his cot for a second nap.

I have been using the wrong chequebook! I had 2 new ones through the post recently, and I've been using the one for the empty account. Thankfully I noticed the same day the cheques left my account so shouldn't be any charges. I've transferred money to the account to cover the third cheque which is waiting to go out. I've also written across the front of the correct chequebook so I know which to use!!!

I have put a pork joint in the slow cooker this morning and made a sauce with it to make pulled pork. I'm trying to lose a few pounds (ok, a couple of stone) once again, so I'm back following slimming world. I lost 2.5 pounds last week.....it's a start.
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    Options
    Oh no, sorry to hear both the boys are under the weather, it's rotten when they're poorly isn't it. Hope the 'bugs' disappear soon.

Oops to the chequebook, but it's easily done and at least you spotted it immediately!

Well done on the weight loss, I've been trying to lose the same two stone for a while. :o I find it really hard being the only adult in the house and cooking for one (my boy is a fussy eater). I really can't be &rsed half the time and just graze which doesn't help. I'm definitely a boredom and emotional eater but am trying to curb my bad habits... (It's not going well! :o:().
    x
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss and hope your boys start to feel better soon.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    What a week!! Where to start?!

Ds2 ended up in hospital due to 'asthma' (though they don't call it asthma at his age, just a wheeze on the chest). He's much better and happily at home again.

Mr S and I had decided to see if things worked out between us by spending a little time together apart from the boys. No one else knew about this so that we weren't putting any pressure on anything. During the past 2 and a half months, I have had a load of rubbish said about me by more than one member of his family. He has done nothing to stand up to people to tell them it's not true. He has done nothing to protect me, to show that he loves me. There is more that he has done that next to no one knows about, which has always ended up with him apologising to me. He's hurt me emotionally, and basically stuck 2 fingers up at me.

I've let a lot of this pass thinking he was hurt with what had happened. But something else has happened this weekend where he really should have spoken out. He didn't. So, I have tonight told him that there is no future and that I can't cope with him hurting me any longer. I have been feeling lower and lower recently and he is not helping. The funny thing is, with everything over the last few months there has been a lot of falling out. Tonight, there was none. I calmly and quietly told him that I wasn't happy, I am getting to the stage where I'm feeling really low, and I need to cut people who hurt me out. He eventually left but has now started texting. Saying things like I'm important because I'm the mum of his children. I mean what on earth??? It just proves that it's not me he wants.

Onwards and upwards......

I have also messed up dinner money, and paid with the wrong cheque book. The cheque book was for an empty account so I have some charges to deal with there!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tomorrow is another day and the start of a fresh new week. I have sorted out the dinner money (I hope correctly!!). It's food shopping day, so that will take most of the morning. I also lost a pound and a half last week, so something else to smile about!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts