Mrs S, family life and debt

Options

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ds1 has gone to school, ds2 is back in bed. He's still not well at all. Woke at 6:45, was back asleep by 7:15, woke at 8:45 (thankfully my mother called round whilst I took ds1 to school) and is now back in his cot again fast asleep.

I'm washing all our bed clothes today on a super high wash to kill all those bugs. It does mean a super long wash though! I've also chased a refund this morning for an item I posted back just over 2 weeks ago. Because I had to chase, they're also refunding the original postage cost :j I've got a bolognese simmering on the hob ready for tonight's dinner and I've been through YNAB in detail and got everything all budgeted for next month. I just need to wait for tomorrow's pay and then I can transfer funds to the correct accounts.

It's snowing nicely here at the moment. It's not sticking though...it never does here.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your poorly boy. It makes me so sad when they aren't well.

Snowing here too, and we never get snow. This beast from the east is beastie indeed.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your poorly boy. It makes me so sad when they aren't well.

Snowing here too, and we never get snow. This beast from the east is beastie indeed.

It is horrible when they're poorly. He's had lots of naps and lots of cuddles today.

I'm feeling a bit better this evening, though I think it's more psychological than anything :rotfl: I've washed, dried and changed all bed clothes, I've given the kitchen a good clean, I've hoovered, I've put clothes away, tidied the car, prepped lunches for the rest of the week and had a general tidy up in the bedrooms. I feel so much better, more in control and more on top of things when the house is clean and tidy.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    The white stuff has arrived......and lots of it. Snow day today. We've built a snowman, had a snowball fight, had hot chocolate with breakfast and been for a walk already. I'm trying to warm up again now!

Pay day came and went, and money transferred to the correct accounts. Mr S also transferred a bit extra as he was here all last weekend to cover the extra food and bits like that.

We were supposed to have our big day out tomorrow that should've initially happened during half term but that'll have to happen again at some point. Trains aren't running at all, and we won't be able to get ds2 over to mil. It'll happen eventually!!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Lots of rain today, so the last of the snow is on its way out! I'm out for lunch today, but had budgeted that at the start of the month, so money is sitting ready. I've transferred a little from the dinner money pot to the leftover pot as ds1 was poorly on Monday and had a snow day on Friday. At the end of the month, any money there is going to be split 3 ways - savings, mortgage overpayment and extra spends next month. It may not be a lot, but it will all help.

Food shop tomorrow and it will be a big one. I do want to stick to £45 budget though :eek: With half term, snow days and poorly days I seem to be emptying the cupboards! A few things have run out so need to start re stocking. I will start off in Aldi and see what I can get there before heading to Tesco.

Other than that it has been quite a low spend few days. I did buy myself a bottle of wine yesterday, though most of it is still sitting in the fridge.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Yesterday's lunch came it at £12 under budget :j I've kept the £12 in the planned spends pot for now as we have our big day out (hopefully) next weekend in case I go slightly over budget for that one. I did buy a couple of bits in Wilko afterwards, but that's all been added to YNAB.

Food shopping after dropping ds1 off at school this morning. £45 budget. It's going to be super hard to stick to it, but I'll try my best. I need to go on a glove hunt during the school run this morning. Ds1 came home with 1 on Thursday! Thankfully we have lots of random spares in a bag here for the snow, but I would really like to get that one back!!

The Laundry basket is full once again, so need to start tackling that this morning. It's never ending!
  • MrsSave
    edited 5 March 2018 at 3:32PM
    Options
    Food shopping success!! :j :j Came to £43.59. I was definitely helped along by the snow mind........loads of fruit reduced in Tesco as they had far too much, and parsnips down to 13p in Aldi! I did also buy pork mince instead of beef as it was so much cheaper.

The laundry basket still hasn't been touched. I am in the middle of making a cottage pie though (with said pork mince - hope it tastes ok!), and I've managed to watch last night's Call The Midwife whilst ds2 is asleep (tissues needed!).

Ds1's teacher has said she'll look for the glove today, fingers crossed that finds its way home. I'll have to wake ds2 soon to do the school run......over 2.5 hours asleep already! That's the life :rotfl:
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Wow. What a day, and lots of bargains.
    I woke Pickle at 2:45 after 2.25 hours sleep. Must be the day for it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MrsSave
    Options
    As soon as I start work for the week, I become totally useless with this diary!! My days have changed around a little this week, though, due to meetings I needed to be in so have been off today but back in as normal tomorrow. I managed to get the laundry sorted today, but feel that there's always something to do and the housework is starting to get on top of me. It's ridiculous really, as I know I always get the washing up done, the laundry and ironing is done and I vacuum downstairs about 3 times a week. I mean it's far from a show gone, but clean. Toys are the biggest problem :rotfl: I can turn my back and they've appeared to have multiplied!!!

I have spent a little this week. I bought myself a top for Mother's Day as apparently we're going out but I have no idea where. That cost £28 (Next), but I've already moved the money in ynab so it's sitting, waiting for the bill.

I've also been to Tesco far too often!! We're out for the day on Saturday to Cardiff, with a very early start, so I've picked up some treat breakfast bits (cheaper than the buffet cart on the train). I also picked up some of that frozen microwave steam rice. When I don't have the boys I'm starting to pick at junk instead of eating proper food. I figured that even though it was more expensive than normal rice, it was worth it.

I've bought my youngest a pair of trousers as well, and I've had a hair cut. All money has come from budgeted pots so happy with the Spends.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    It's actually happening today - our day out with ds1 that has been planned for weeks but we kept having to cancel. We're leaving the house in an hour so I really should be in the shower already!! At least we're having a picnic breakfast so don't have to worry about feeding ds1 before leaving - it's just clothes and teeth for him!!

I've put money aside for today and everything is being split 50:50 with Mr S. I have a voucher on my phone for a free meal for ds1 for lunch and we're off to TGI Fridays, which is a treat for us - our nearest is Cardiff - quite a few miles away!!

Right, I really had better get shifting, I'm so looking forward to seeing a very happy ds1 (whilst I'm sure ds2 will have a lovely time with his grandmother and seeing his Auntie!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts