SPAM Sunday 30th July

Misslayed
Misslayed Posts: 14,164 Senior Ambassador
First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,164 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2625934

It's that old Black Magic . . again
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Blimey - I'll leave this one for the Bee gee's. :eek: :D
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    And there's this spammer as well: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2625980

Black magic - isn't that supposed to be the evil magic?

Anyway, these spammers suck!

To MSE Andrea and the team: is there any way you guys can work some magic and make it tougher for the spammers because they seem to be able to start many, many threads very quickly to bump up their post counts?

We can only do so much to click the :spam: button every time we see them.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    And here's another Indian black magic spammer

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2625998

You know what to do folks :)
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    To MSE Andrea and the team: is there any way you guys can work some magic and make it tougher for the spammers because they seem to be able to start many, many threads very quickly to bump up their post counts?

We can only do so much to click the :spam: button every time we see them.

As it's been said before:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Misslayed View Post

Phew, thanks fermi, I've been clicking for 2 and a half hours!
    Ouch!

Quote:
    Originally posted by fermi

Honestly @MSE, that is not your user's job.

Spam button is fine for some small scale or sporadic stuff, but users should not be having to do this just to be able to have the board they like in a useable state!

This morning, Mr Fred Goodwill went on strike and decided he wasn't going to spend several hours clicking on 50 ish posts.

As a user, you are under no obligation, and it's up to your goodwill if you are going to spend that length of time on something for which you receive no or very little appreciation?

On this occasion Fred decided to leave the task of clearing up the Saturday Night Fever, to the Bee Gee's. :D
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes, I'm thinking of going back to just pressing the 'Report' button. It doesn't always take effect (I guess it depends how busy they are) but the advantage is that the spammer's profile is usually deleted then.

With this method, his profile is left there and they often log in again days or even months later and we're off again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure