🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's target met with LOADS of month left for bonus days.:j

Well done Maman! Loads of time to to spare, too. I'm so glad for you - earlier in the year you kept saying you were struggling with racking up the days and meeting your targets, and now you're sailing through! :T:T:T
    I wasn't AF yesterday after all. Went to the pub and had two BBlues but then got bought real lager by the people buying rounds. I didn't try and argue/explain. I had forgotton how gassy beer is but at least it was weaker than my usual tipples of wine and cider.
    I got to twelve tonight instead.

I never got the chance to try AF B3cks followed by the real stuff, but it's interesting how much more gassy you found it. At least you had a less heavy evening than otherwise, WBF.
    CuppaTea wrote: »
    15/18 for me please shaggy.

I think for the first time in ages I am going to not only make target but exceed it.

Go Cuppa! :T:T:T

I weighed myself yesterday thinking after the long weekend away I'd be a bit chunkier - still the same. Goodness knows how that works; full English every day, eating out every night, snacking in the conference centre ....

21/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CuppaTea wrote: »
    15/18 for me please shaggy.

I think for the first time in ages I am going to not only make target but exceed it.

Good feeling isn't it?:D
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Well done Maman! Loads of time to to spare, too. I'm so glad for you - earlier in the year you kept saying you were struggling with racking up the days and meeting your targets, and now you're sailing through! :T:T:T

I think because I set a minimum target rather than aspirational I'm particularly cross if I struggle to reach it. Looking at it more objectively I'm glad that it makes me cross, it motivates me to do better and stops me getting complacent. :)

I got the shock horror:eek: response from friends yesterday when I ordered water to go with my meal. It was really mock horror as one of my friends is teetotal! After reassuring them all that I wasn't ill or running a fever I explained why I was AF yesterday and then it was all forgotten. I know some of you are made to feel uncomfortable if you don't join in a drinking culture but it really is worth brazening it out and sticking to your guns.:)

No drinking planned for today. That's another 4 in row for this week. I'm pleased with that.:D

11 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 September 2017 at 7:48AM
    Options
    Declaring early for tonight 13/21 for me please Shaggy. I went to the pub with work colleagues and stuck to tonic tonight.
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    3/5 for me today. Stupidly busy and stressful week at work, and I'm quite proud that I didn't reach for a drink as soon as I got home. It helped that I had to take DD to guides tonight of course, but I'm still counting it as a win :)
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Options
    15/25 AFDs today
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    16/18 5 in a row. Can't honestly remember when that happened.

Will be drinking tomorrow though
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,074 Forumite
    Options
    Did manage to add another to my total in the end yesterday so 8/10 for me please Shaggy
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,592 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 21/21 for me today please.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,680 Forumite
    Options
    3/5 for me today. Stupidly busy and stressful week at work, and I'm quite proud that I didn't reach for a drink as soon as I got home. It helped that I had to take DD to guides tonight of course, but I'm still counting it as a win :)

Of course you must count it as a win. Well done! I'm sure you'll exceed your target.:)

One of the ways I've managed to cut down is not to start drinking late at night as I now think of it as an AF day wasted. Just like you had the driving to stop you I used to get back after an evening out driving, open a bottle and neck as much as possible before bed time. Now I go straight from the front door to the kettle and have a hot drink instead. It's about new habits.:)
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,074 Forumite
    Options
    cathybird wrote: »
    Morning all, 21/21 for me today please.

Congratulations on reaching target cathybird - plenty of month left over too :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport