PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Friday morning update: Still no f****** mortgage offer through for my buyers. Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh. :wall: :wall: :wall:
    Can you tell I am literally about to have a tantrum?! :wall: :wall: :wall:
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Upsy_Staffordshire
    Options
    Oh Natbag, every time I see your name I hope it means things have moved forward for you!

Pumpkim I hope you have a fab holiday. I think everyone deserves a nice holiday when having to deal with moving house :rotfl:

Fiesto88 our buyer used Purple Bricks to sell their property and our EA had a bit of a time trying to chase them for information - they said they always struggle to get in touch with them and get answers.

Trix-a-belle I wish I would have contacted the EA sooner. I will definitely be speaking to them again soon if we still don't have a completion date agreed. Our buyer's solicitor is part of a really big company and the EA said they often have issues with them.

No updates from me as yet. I'm hoping we'll hear back today if the completion date we've requested is okay. I think we're ready to exchange, but who knows! As our buyer wanted to complete next week, we can't be far off! If everything goes to plan, we'll be completing in just over 2 weeks time.
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
  • Natbag
    Options
    Upsy, I seriously can't see it ever happening :(
    Hope you get some good news today!
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
  • clairesilverspar
    Options
    I'm joining you all, if that's ok?

We've had an offer accepted on our first house, and even though I know these things take time, it feels like it is crawling! I'm so impatient.
    We're buying a house with no chain, and we've instructed solicitors, and applied for our mortgage. We've had our DIP, but need to wait on the valuation before the offer is confirmed.
    We're holding off on paying for surveys etc until the survey report is received...just in case. So everything is on hold.

We got told the survey would be taking place yesterday, but I received an e-mail from the surveyors on Wednesday night with terms of engagement and asking me to confirm who they need to contact to gain access. I'm hoping this was a stock standard e-mail rather than a case of them still needing to book something in, but it wouldn't surprise me.
    So I'm currently waiting for a survey report, before we can do anything else.
  • chrissie83
    Options
    I feel like I’m officially ‘allowed’ to be in here now 😀
    We accepted an offer on our house almost 2 weeks ago, last week I sorted the mortgage in principle ( or whatever it’s called) & yesterday we had an offer on the house we want accepted. We have a FTB & are buying an empty chain free house so the estate agent asked if completing before Christmas would be ok. Although reading on here that doesn’t sound likely. How realistic is that do you think?
  • Natbag
    Options
    Welcome to the chaos both!
    chrissie83 - exact same situation as me. If everything goes smoothly, and your buyers can get their mortgage offer a lot quicker than mine have been able to (at least they've had a 2-week head start!), then it's very possible. But these things rarely run smoothly! Just keep your expectations low, don't believe anything anyone says, chase constantly and try not to pull your hair out lol.
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chrissie83 wrote: »
    I feel like I’m officially ‘allowed’ to be in here now 😀
    We accepted an offer on our house almost 2 weeks ago, last week I sorted the mortgage in principle ( or whatever it’s called) & yesterday we had an offer on the house we want accepted. We have a FTB & are buying an empty chain free house so the estate agent asked if completing before Christmas would be ok. Although reading on here that doesn’t sound likely. How realistic is that do you think?

50/50 at best.

There's 9 weeks at the absolute most available to get everything done and completed before Christmas. It's possible as long as no unexpected issues arise that need resolving.
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was wrong.
    We've exchanged today! :D:D:D
  • Natbag
    Options
    westv - hurrah, that's awesome news! :beer: Glad someone is finally getting somewhere! I'm so jealous ha ha! :rotfl:

I'm STILL waiting for this mortgage offer. Was told this morning it was the only thing we're waiting on. Now just been told we can't proceed without the NHBC guarantee either, which is 'on order'. FMAL. :wall:
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It was a loooong road

1st offer - buyer pulled out because solictor told them not to buy freehold flat - even though they were specifically told at the beginning the problems with FF and were happy to continue
    2nd offer - turned out to be a timewaster
    3rd offer - couldn't get a mortgage with Natwest even though another flat in the same block has a mortgage with NW
    4th offer - pulled out because they claimed it was taking too long
    5th offer - at last!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport