PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• Upsy_Staffordshire
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone receiving good news!

I have heard from our solicitor today with the news that everything is going well, the buyers have just got some things to finalise on their end and that's it, so hopefully by the end of tomorrow or early next week we will be able to exchange. We've just got to settle on a completion date. Our buyer wants to complete very soon but we need more time until we can move into our new home so hopefully we can get something agreed tomorrow.
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chrissie83 wrote: »
    I hope I’m in the right place 😊
    We accepted an offer on our house on Monday, today I’ve been & sorted our new mortgage & ive booked 3 viewings for tomorrow & Saturday. I’m waiting to hear about the buyers valuation etc. Seems like I’ve got ages to go & I’m unsure what order things happen in. I’m going to read this thread from the beginning when I get chance later

Unless you are happy to complete your sale before your purchase is ready, you may find that your buyers wish to delay a valuation until the chain above is complete.
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    toc25 - how exciting! Hope it has all gone well for you!
    dpearson86 and Cinders - congrats! And what an awesome moving date!
    chrissie83 - welcome, and well done on getting a buyer. Sadly it seems that's the easy part! There's a useful guide as to what the process is on here if you look in the 'Mortgages'/Home Moving/Buying section. Hope all goes smoothly for you.
    Upsy Staffordshire - same here, just waiting on our buyer and seller to wrap the last bits up and then we'll be moving to exchange. Hopefully by early next week too, with a bit of luck. Just waiting it out now. I'm hoping for a fast completion, and our seller is too as their property is empty, but I guess it will be down to our buyer who is currently renting.
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I must have misheard the ISA thing. It's "funds" not "form". I've been told the funds should be with the bottom of the chain solicitor either Monday or Tuesday of next week - so that'll be Wednesday or Thursday then!
  • Natbag
    Options
    Fingers crossed for sooner rather than later westv. I get the feeling once my buyers have got their last item sorted, then we will all be waiting for that as well. At least this thread prepares me well for such delays!
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
  • RackAttack2.0
    Options
    3 months today since our offer on our first home was made. Today we signed contracts and I will be paying our deposit in the morning. Hoping for a speedy exchange and completion as we were hoping to have had the keys today ¬.¬''

Fingers crossed for everyone!
  • JustKeepSaving
    Options
    Hello, I think I'm ready to join this thread again. I thought we would exchange months ago but there was a delay from the other side and the bank. All to do with the leasehold of the flat.

We have now returned all signed documents to our lawyer and transferred the deposit money yesterday. So they are getting everything ready for exchange now.

We are in rented so no chain.
  • Fiesto88
    Fiesto88 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So, turns out that there may be undischarged conditions on an approved planning application relating to a rear extension from 2013.

Our solicitor has said the vendors side need to produce confirmation they’ve been discharged. If they have, an email from the council will suffice. If they haven’t - god alone knows.
  • Natbag
    Options
    Great news JustKeepSaving, hope all goes smoothly and quickly for you now :)
    Fiesto88 - it's never simple, is it? Keeping fingers crossed for you. And if not, hopefully they'll be a way round it.
    No update from me, our buyer STILL hasn't received the reference from their employer for their lender to rubber stamp the mortgage. This should have been week 1, not week 5, and is now delaying exchange and completion. I am seriously about to kick off. :wall:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,715 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all,

I keep delaying joining this thread til our mortgage is sorted out, but since we're NINE WEEKS in and it's still not finalised, and other things are progressing regardless, I thought I'd join in anyway so at least I feel like I'm making some progress :eek:

Our timeline so far

30th June - mortgage in principle through broker
    3rd July - offer 'accepted' (but wouldn't take off market til we'd sold ours)
    6th July - our house on market
    8th-15th - sixteen viewings, three offers
    17th July - accepted offer from someone who needed to sell their house as we were wibbling about the one we'd offered on and wanted a week to think :o
    28th July - buyer accepted offer on her house, we pulled out of one we were buying

*************************************************************************************
    9th Aug - offer accepted on new house - hooray! (counting from here)
    11th Aug - instructed solicitor
    17th Aug - full mortgage application done through broker
    29th Aug - 21st Sept - Building society offering several different amounts based on different figures, resulting in me having to pay off my student loan entirely, and having to wait for my pay rise to arrive (agreement wasn't enough)
    11th Sept - valuation done on new house - came back at £0 because 'too many acres' (ONE more than their conditions, which I'd highlighted to broker at start and they said wouldn't be a problem)
    15th -27th - quibbling between broker and solicitor about who should sort this out - we've suggested splitting it and buying part of the land cash with the rest being mortgaged.
    28th Sept - solicitor contacted seller's solicitor to suggest this, she agreed but needed to check with sellers

Still waiting for a response two weeks later :eek: If they say no, we have to start the mortgage process AGAIN (with a different broker this time!!) If they say yes, we still have to get the building society and their valuer to agree.

Apparently searches are all back and everything else proceeding as planned, thank goodness. I still want a structural survey and second viewing, but there doesn't seem much point until we know we can mortgage the blithering house!

My nerves are shot and there's still a long way to go :o Daren't even ask how our buyers are getting on until we have confirmation of mortgage which feels like it might still be weeks away. Wishing we'd ditched this lender and broker at the start and gone with another one, but we kept thinking things were nearly sorted out...

So sorry you're having delays because of your buyer Natbag - I confess I feel some sympathy with them given the fiasco we're having! :o :eek: Fortunately I don't think we're actually holding anyone else up yet - rather suspiciously our vendors haven't even sent the grant of probate to the solicitors yet and our buyers have gone very quiet since the valuation was done on our current house...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback