PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• spendinglikemad
    Options
    liquoricet wrote: »
    We've exchanged! Apparently our buyers were still trying it on today and asked to wait another week to exchange!

So relieved that it's finally happened. Now to sort out all the moving stuff.

Great news!!!
  • Amanda_Cm
    Options
    Wow liquoricet, great news! When are you going to complete?

I am chasing today. No success as EA is not in the office, our solicitor is on holiday.
    Yesterday went to see the house from the outside. Wanted to make sure there is no skip or something like that outside. I notice there is still a sign For sale in the entrance of the cul de sac not infront of the property. The funny thing is that sign wasn't there when we went to view it. The house is marked as Sold on Rm and our offer is 1k on top of the asking price. Maybe they just forgot the sign?
  • ChicaBonita
    Options
    Don't understand why sols are so uncommunicative...

Emailed ours on the 1st to ask for an update. She emails back on the 5th saying "I've received xyz, I've also made some enquiries, which I will send to you shortly".........I've not heard from her since. Guess that's another chaser!!
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't understand why sols are so uncommunicative...

Emailed ours on the 1st to ask for an update. She emails back on the 5th saying "I've received xyz, I've also made some enquiries, which I will send to you shortly".........I've not heard from her since. Guess that's another chaser!!

i assume its because they take so much on and then firefight which cases to deal with based on oldest work. When you read their breakdown of charges for each solicitor grade its really expensive so for what you pay after disbursements there's probably not a huge amount of man-hours involved! Just a lot of little individual tasks.
  • BlueTwiglet
    Options
    Best of luck Tiglath! Sounds like it would be simpler to run a military operation!

Congratulations liquoricet!

Another stressful day here. After being told the DoC was the only enquiry left outstanding, which was dealt with on Thursday, my EA emailed me this afternoon to say the buyers solicitors still had enquiries outstanding that my solicitor was avoiding.

I sent my solicitor a bit of a blunt email asking what on earth was going on and why I was being informed of different things from different sides. I also rang the EA and had a bit of a grumble, asking if they could confirm what enquiries were outstanding so I could chase my solicitor.

My solicitor finally emailed back (after what felt like an eternity but it was only an hour) confirming that she had dealt with a number of further enquiries from the buyers solicitors this morning and we just need confirmation now from the management company that we are not in arrears (even though the site hasn't been adopted yet and no official agreement entered into as a result).

So all in all, not the end of the world but getting increasingly stressed and a bit fed up of getting false hope all the time. :(

Considering buying a bottle of wine and a funnel on the way home.....
  • liquoricet
    Options
    It is so frustrating waiting and not knowing what you're actually waiting for, I feel your pain BlueTwiglet and Chica!

Amanda, we're completing 23rd so enough time to sort ourselves out before the move.
  • Akahotpot
    Options
    My timeline –
    Got mortgage dip 06/17
    Offer made and accepted on the house we want 07/17 (I know should have had an offer on mine first)
    Solicitors Instructed 07/17
    Cash buyer made offer for mine 08/17
    Contracts ready to sign 10/17
    My buyer falls off the rader 11/17 still no idea where he went
    House I was buying goes back on market 11/17 and gets offer
    I get a private buyer for my house 12/17
    Rejig mortgage 01/17
    I find a new house and get offer accepted last week of Dec17
    Complete my slae and move in with family 26/01/17
    Awaiting my purchase to catch up chased 02/17

So I was told the chain is not progressing ,I have the sellers number so I textd and am told the house he is buying was wrongly listed as freehold and the owner is now buying the lease which will delay things :(

Not sure how long I can wait before I start looking for a chain free property as I am completely worn out with the whole process :eek:
  • T4taylor
    Options
    Hi gang, I!!!8217;m jumping in with what feels like the worst luck in the world...

July House 1
    Went for a look round- family friend was renovating, loved it.
    August
    House was valued by EA at £220,000. As we were family the offered it us at £210,000. Applied for mortgage and paid £500 application and valuation fees.
    September
    After lots of tooing and froing with paperwork and bank statements for mortgage got AIP. Solicitor instructed and £300 paid. House valued by surveyor at £190,000 and family friend not prepared to negotiate. Pulled out and lost £500 :(
    October House 2
    Found a brilliant house at £200,000 went to see it and put in an offer straight away. Ended up in a bidding war which we won at £212,500. However EA warned us to look at the placement of proposed HS2- turned out to be less than 5 mins walk from the back garden for a 5km viaduct and the East Midlands Hub station. Sadly pulled out.
    October House 3
    Found another great house advertised at £200,000. However land registry said the rest of the street was around £160,000. We put in an offer and was rejected multiple times even though we!!!8217;re first time buyers and they had no other offers. Decided on £195,000 but they would not take it off the market.
    We acted quickly and paid mortgage fees, collected paper work again and instructed solicitor and survey. The day survey was to be booked the couple decided to split up!! And take the house off the market. Lost £135 mortgage fees, managed to get survey fee reimbursed.
    November House 4
    Really despondent so decided to just find any half decent house that at least had an easy transaction. Found one for £180,000 put offer in and was accepted straight away. Paid mortgage and survey fees again, another £500.
    December
    Valuation came back at the right price so begin signing docs with solictor who sent off searches.
    January
    Phone call on the 4th Jan, the house our vendor wanted to buy has gone to probate.
    16th Jan searches revealed subsidence, missing building regs and indemnity.
    February
    Constant chasing to find out what!!!8217;s going on with probate and enquiries on searches.
    Last weekend went to view some more properties thinking of returning to the market.
    Today
    Found out completion date proposed for 23rd March. This was only after I had been chasing...
    The saga continues!
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Didn't exchange today. Everyone is poised and ready and the deposit is through and ready to pass up the chain, but the bottom solicitor is still checking through paperwork, having not been in the office on Friday, so didn't give his authorisation. Hopeful for tomorrow. Even the estate agents are swearing at this point.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • Vampyr
    Vampyr Posts: 58 Forumite
    edited 12 February 2018 at 7:42PM
    Options
    Got pretty annoyed after another morning of waiting today. Found out solicitor of my vendor wasn't replying to anyone even though the EA and vendor had confirmed they were instructed to exchange and everyone else in the chain was ready to go. So I just called them up and gave them an earful and politely reminded them that their business depends on good online feedback.

Long story short - an hour or so later we exchanged.

:j:beer::T:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport