PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,828 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ggpowell2 wrote: »
    How long will it take to receive a document when you send a paper application to request a document, such as a deed, mentioned in a title deed referring to a property, please?

48hrs in most cases plus the postal time of course
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • taxigeoff
    taxigeoff Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 October 2019 at 8:09PM
    Options
    Hi Land Registry
    I am in the process of sorting out my son's estate and have noticed there is a restriction for an interim charging
    order on the house deeds in my son's name. The house is owned as tennants in common with another person with no mortgage but was Joint tennants at the time of restriction. This restriction was placed in 2008 by Northern Rock. Can this be removed as Northern Rock no longer exists and is there a time limit on Restrictions/Charging orders
  • Wyzykmar22
    Options
    Sorry I'm new here and I don't know how to creat my new post. I have staircase to 100% and bought my house from housing associations
    My property is a coach house which was bought ad freehold house by housing associations in the first place
    Some house housing associations have changed the title from house to a flat and sol us the property as flat. I'm the title in land registry we have an information that we ate leasholdwith the option to obtain freehold.
    My understanding was that we are leashold only because we had bought and first 45% and once we will staircase to 100% we will get freehold as any other house in the estate. HA have refuse to give as freehold they said the tite in land registry it's a mistake and they will remove the note from there. We have confirmation from the estate that the house was sold as house and once we stsriaces to 100% we should automatically get freehold as other owners.

My question now : how the housing associations can change the total from house to a flat ?
    My property is an coach house I do not have anyone one under or above me we do have independent entrance to my house so we are not living in the flat.
    I have only find our that my house should be sold with the freehold once I have called the estate asking for my service charge and the were supposed that we have leasehold as the house was sold as freehold on the first place
  • Wyzykmar22
    Options
    Sorry I'm new here and I don't know how to creat my new post. I have staircase to 100% and bought my house from housing associations
    My property is a coach house which was bought ad freehold house by housing associations in the first place
    Some house housing associations have changed the title from house to a flat and sol us the property as flat. I'm the title in land registry we have an information that we ate leasholdwith the option to obtain freehold.
    My understanding was that we are leashold only because we had bought and first 45% and once we will staircase to 100% we will get freehold as any other house in the estate. HA have refuse to give as freehold they said the tite in land registry it's a mistake and they will remove the note from there. We have confirmation from the estate that the house was sold as house and once we stsriaces to 100% we should automatically get freehold as other owners.

My question now : how the housing associations can change the total from house to a flat ?
    My property is an coach house I do not have anyone one under or above me we do have independent entrance to my house so we are not living in the flat.
    I have only find our that my house should be sold with the freehold once I have called the estate asking for my service charge and the were supposed that we have leasehold as the house was sold as freehold on the first place
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    taxigeoff wrote: »
    Hi Land Registry
    I am in the process of sorting out my son's estate and have noticed there is a restriction for an interim charging
    order on the house deeds in my son's name. The house is owned as tennants in common with another person with no mortgage but was Joint tennants at the time of restriction. This restriction was placed in 2008 by Northern Rock. Can this be removed as Northern Rock no longer exists and is there a time limit on Restrictions/Charging orders

I'm guessing that the CO has been protected by way of a form K restriction as the property is jointly owned.
    If so then you would have to apply to cancel it using form RX3 and supplying suitable evidence to show that the CO/debt is no longer in place. Our Practice Guide 19 explains more with regards restrictions and how to apply to cancel them
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Wyzykmar22 wrote: »

The devil will always be in the detail so you would need to confirm what application, if any, the HA are looking to make with regards updating/changing the registered title.
    I would suggest that you check what is registered and then seek legal advice as appropriate. The register will confirm what type of title you own for example
  • taxigeoff
    Options
    I'm guessing that the CO has been protected by way of a form K restriction as the property is jointly owned.
    If so then you would have to apply to cancel it using form RX3 and supplying to show that the CO/debt is no longer in place. Our Practice Guide 19 explains more with regards restrictions and how to apply to cancel them

Thank you for your reply.
    I have just noticed that the restriction is for an interim charging
    order and not a final. Does this make any differance? This is the full restriction.

(26.06.2008) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate is to
    be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for
    registration or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition
    was given to Northern Rock Plc (Ref: xxxxxxxx) care of
    xxxxxxxxxxxx (REF:
    xxxxxxxxx) being the person with the benefit of an interim charging
    order on the beneficial interest of xxxxxxxxxxxxx made by the
    xxxxxxx County Court on 9 June 2008 under claim number xxxxx.

Can you also advise what is suitable evidence for RX3.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.
    I have just noticed that the restriction is for an interim charging
    order and not a final. Does this make any differance? This is the full restriction.

(26.06.2008) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate is to
    be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for
    registration or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition
    was given to Northern Rock Plc (Ref: xxxxxxxx) care of
    xxxxxxxxxxxx (REF:
    xxxxxxxxx) being the person with the benefit of an interim charging
    order on the beneficial interest of xxxxxxxxxxxxx made by the
    xxxxxxx County Court on 9 June 2008 under claim number xxxxx.

Can you also advise what is suitable evidence for RX3.

Interim or Final it is the same debt so it makes no difference from a registration perspective
    Whatever evidence you have that the debt has been cleared, the order dismissed or that the interest is no longer legally valid
  • taxigeoff
    Options
    Interim or Final it is the same debt so it makes no difference from a registration perspective
    Whatever evidence you have that the debt has been cleared, the order dismissed or that the interest is no longer legally valid

I have read that resrictions are removed by the land registry after 12 years, is this true or false
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    I have read that resrictions are removed by the land registry after 12 years, is this true or false

False - whilst some (not this type) may refer to a length of time even they are not simply removed after that time has elapsed without wider checks taking place.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure