PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you all re the shower gel, I will give it a go neat then and hope it comes up the plunger ok .

I had ordered a couple of items of clothing in the sale at work , they arrived yesterday and I took both back today! I think I'm going to try not to buy clothes this year, I'm pretty sure I don't need any, but I do love clothes. Nevertheless I'm going to make the effort!!
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I took a large bag of mixed items to a CS yesterday and they had a beautiful Welsh wool cape, it was in super condition and in a colour mix that would have suited me (although not my most favourite) priced at £15 which is more than reasonable for this area. I have wanted one for donkey's years, I stood and debated with myself how much space it would take up in the wardrobe (chalet bungalow, having to house both wardrobes in 1 bedroom 'cos of lack of ceiling height), how often I would wear it, and walked away without a backward glance, much progress has been made!:D:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Lovely new skip was delivered today and I started to put some bits in. I started with a bag (to keep it together) of badly torn bubble wrap and a box (covered in tape) of those little green packing thingies that look like wotsits. It was a bit windy, but things were boxed and bagged and protected by the high sides of the empty skip.

Or so I thought...

Came home to find it had all been blown out of the skip and across the paddock. Poor DH spent an hour and 10 minutes picking (he says) 2000 odd green wotsits out of the grass and bramble... poor chap!
    :rotfl:
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :o Oh dear, catshark, I must be a very bad person because I read that and nearly spat tea on the keyboard! You poor DH......! Good on him for rounding up all the little beggars, though.

Been to work and came home and picked up a donation bag (more books, quelle surprise) and took it off to a favoured chazzer. Had a natter with pals who work there and came home with a couple of bits & bobs.....:o

Kid bruv and our Dad took the car down to a particular chazzer's regional distribution centre and asked how many of the two big bags of books they could take? They were happy to take them all. The book avalanche in the parental homestead is thinning out and he sold 3 books today so they've gone off to new owners, too.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Afraid I laughed, too!

No KM here at the moment, I haven't yet finished taking down the Christmas decs and I am being invaded by a large number of items relating to a charity event I'm involved in. They will have to stay in my kitchen till I can pass them on in February, and it's already driving me mad as I can't easily sweep the floor or use the kitchen table, and more are arriving each day.

Then I remembered that before discovering KM this is how I lived normally - and it was just my Stuff everywhere, not these items! :rotfl: how I've changed.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • catshark88
    Options
    I’m far worse. I didn’t realise he was still in the garden picking them up, I thought he was in the office! Poor lad! :rotfl::eek:
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow, everybody's doing so well. And I love Decluttering for the Apocalypse :)

I'm decluttering the border at the front of the house today - I can access it much more easily than usual because Storm Eleanor blew down most of the remaining fence ... I've got to do stuff like that quickly, to get on to things that are more fun. Will report back.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Still packing up kitchen things - another 20 items gone today into CS box (mostly) or bin (a handful) One further item identified for fleabay and a handful of items identified that they should be used in future or really should go....

CS box is now to heavy for me to pick up!:rotfl:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • catshark88
    Options
    Christmas decs all put away, fitting beautifully into the new big and 2 v small crates.

Hopefully the wind will be lower next week and then I can play skips properly!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) Another bag of Stuff gone to the chazzer today, mostly books (it will be mostly books for some time as I brought a lot back from the homestead). The flock of bags is thinning out somewhat, although I think I could do with a herd dog to discipline them.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills