Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can't quite believe it but I got to the bottom of the ironing pile yesterday :T I think that's the first time since we moved in :o There is more ironing developing on the line though so the basket won't be empty for long.

I posted the Bay items so a little more cash has found it's way to the bank account. Any extra we get is going into savings to pay for the new gate, except Tilly Tidies which are being OP'd :)

Today I have given the kitchen a thorough clean and swopped the contents of two cupboards. I thought it would be practical to have the 'tea' cupboard next to the back door so Mr F could get to it easily without traipsing mud through the whole house. However, that area is where shoes and hats seem to congregate so there is little room for tea making. Now Mr F has electrickery in the barn he can make tea in there so I have moved the tea cupboard a little further in. I've just the kitchen floor to wash now but the grocery shop will be arriving soon and FDawg is starting a new routine today so I think I'll wait until this evening.

FDawg is going back into his crate tonight :( He was fine roaming the house overnight for a while but has now started leaving me little presents :eek: I think this is for a variety of reasons. When we were teaching FDawg to go to bed on command, we rewarded him with a cocktail sausage. He is now so keen to get his sausage that I think he is skipping his ablutions. It may be that his meal or walk times need changing so we'll try something different today. Or it may be that he doesn't see all of the house as 'living space'. He's also a sensitive soul and may be getting anxious in the dark without us. He does love his crate and it is a calm, safe place for him but it seems like a backward step.

I'm not sure I should talk about food after that revelation :eek: Anyhoo, lunch was beans on cheese on toast and supper will be Oven Baked Leek & Bacon Risotto.

Right. Best get on. Mr F has a very early start tomorrow so we don't want to be up late tonight.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Little presents :eek:

The crate will help him feel safe again ;)

Enjoy your weekend.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Little presents :eek:

The crate will help him feel safe again ;)

Enjoy your weekend.

I know :eek::eek::eek:

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you got the House of Fraser vouchers spent just in the nick of time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,034 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2018 at 9:19PM
    Options
    The last couple of days have been mainly spent sorting out dates and paperwork. It's easier to concentrate when Mr F is away :o

I have finished Week 3 of C25K. I slipped in an extra rest day as my upper chest had become very sore. It's funny the muscles you use when running - I have had aches in unexpected places :o Week 4 starts tomorrow and I think it includes 5 minute runs :eek:

I have run out of a couple of bits of makeup so used a Hou£$ of Fra£$r voucher against the cost of an eyeshadow (just in time it seems) and went through T0p Ca$h B@ck for an eyebrow pencil. It's also DS2 and DiL's 2nd year anniversary next week so I sent them a card using a M00npig voucher and a set of tea towels with hearts on as 2 years is 'cotton'.

FDawg is running out of a couple of his favourite snacks so I've ordered some of those for him. Also found a large set of dog agility equipment on FB Mark£tplac£ for £30 which I'll be picking up on Wednesday. I've wanted to get some for ages but even the cheapest seemed so expensive. It will be great to teach him some new things. He can now go and touch items I put on the ground and point to :T And if it's a towel or mat he knows to go to it and lie down :T Clever pup. Although he's not an angel yet - there was another present waiting for me this morning :eek: I thought I'd try changing his food schedule before getting his crate out to see if that helped. Sadly not so his crate is up in the kitchen again. He always used to tell us if he needed to go out during the night. However, we've spent a lot of time teaching him to stay quiet when we're sleeping so we've probably confused the poor thing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get some sleep tonight.

Reading back through this post there does seem to be a lot of spending going on. However, it's all on the needs/wants list, considered and researched so I'm relaxed about that.

Off to have a sneaky hot chocolate before bed.

Night all

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad that you got the House of Fraser vouchers spent just in the nick of time :)

It's likely that the vouchers will still continue to be honoured but I wasn't taking any chances Beanie ;)

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    If anyone would like a peek at the painting I did for the WI show entry, you can find it here...

https://www.facebook.com/BeeGardenArt/

If you want to see any further paintings I do you can like the page. It won't identify you as an MSE poster.

Fortune x
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Options
    If anyone would like a peek at the painting I did for the WI show entry, you can find it here...

https://www.facebook.com/BeeGardenArt/

If you want to see any further paintings I do you can like the page. It won't identify you as an MSE poster.

Fortune x

Wow, these are amazing! So many of your paintings have this really great sense of movement, even if they show something fairly static. I'm super impressed :heart2:
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Amazing! Really intricate :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    :T Wow! just Wow! :T

Fortune you are truly talented!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure