Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Options
    gorgeous picture ,
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Lovely painting FS, and congratulations on the competition! :T
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Painting is just awesome :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just came on here to say that I saw the painting on fbook earlier - it's fabulous - very impressive. I always think that getting people 'right' is very hard.

You are very talented, FS xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    awesome well deserved win
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Great picture. Especially people, (not that I can paint) but I always think that's so hard. Fabulous. Well done, lovely. Hope all is good in the shire.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Fabulous painting Fortune. You are so talented.
  • cbsexec
    cbsexec Posts: 578 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    lovely painting - I saw it on facebook and just wanted to congratulate you.
    ps. love reading your diary
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Awh thanks guys - what a lovely, supportive bunch you are :D

I've decided to try and sell the painting on the Bay. The proper price should be the cost of my time and the materials so I'm going to try for that. It does seem a large amount but nothing ventured etc.

It's been a productive week so far. Mr F is off work so has been pottering around and getting through the jobs list. And the electrician has been here. We now have power and light in the barn :T Plus I can turn my kitchen and dining room lights off from either end of the room. This wasn't possible before as they'd been wired incorrectly. Electrician did a couple of extra bits for us and didn't charge for them. He's a nice chap and we're going to use him again. Probably for a full check of the house and the annex. He discovered a couple of things which hadn't been done properly and it's made me worry about the rest of the house :eek:

Yesterday was my WI's annual outing. We went to an organic farm for afternoon tea. There was a lot of food left over and we were allowed to take it home so Mr F got a few treats when I got back. I also picked up some Gloucester Old Spot bacon and sausages plus some duck eggs from the farm shop so he had a special holiday breakfast this morning too. I spoil him :o Costs were met from personal spends and the grocery budget.

We picked up the dog agility equipment this evening. Lovely lady with a lovely German Shepherd Dog. Huge :eek: but lovely. We have two hoops, four jumps, one long jump and a tunnel. Bargain :T She is only selling because they are moving and will have a smaller garden. Can't wait to set it up tomorrow and let FDawg have a look at it..

I am almost at the end of Week 4 of C25K - just one more run to do which I think I'll do tomorrow. I am now running more than walking, running 5 minutes without stopping and 16 minutes in total :D I'm very slow though. Mr F came out with me yesterday and he could walk faster than I was running :rotfl: At the end of Week 5 I'm expected to run for 20 minutes without stopping :eek: I've followed the programme exactly so far so I have to trust that 20 minutes will be within my capability. Mr F has been keeping up with me in terms of runs per week and has lost over half a stone! I have lost.... nothing, nada, nil. I'm hoping that I'll start to lose a little once I'm running for a longer time.

This evening's supper was Sri Lankan Runner Bean Curry to use up the last of the runner beans our neighbours gifted us. I cooked it for longer than stated to make a thicker sauce and the beans were still al dente. We like them like that but, if you like a softer bean, you'd need to cook them a bit before adding them to the sauce. It was surprisingly delicious and we have some left over for supper tomorrow :cool:

FDawg is back in his crate and seems far more relaxed as a result. There have been no accidents and he races into it when it's time for bed. It's obvious that he's happier when he has his little den to retire to. He even let us sleep until the alarm went off this morning. So the crate stays.

Mr F is still in the barn "tidying up" - I suspect he has beer in there ;)

Thanks again for all the kind comments

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wonderful to find a good electrician!

As far as your weight loss is concerned - remember that muscle weighs a lot, you might be putting some on :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure