Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    oooo - well done with your paintings Fortune :T:T:T
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations on the paintings, Fortune, thats great!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A story published and now the painting? All very creative over at yours. Well done you :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    WEll done :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    All your successes and c2 5k too. Amazing
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 August 2018 at 9:22AM
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I've not done badly this month have I. The most important success though is C25K. I did Week 3, Day 2 this morning. It was a little harder after the weekend's indulgences but I can now run for 3 minutes. That won't sound much to any seasoned runners but it's a huge achievement for me. I'm improving all the time and it feels good to be looking after my health. My legs are getting stronger and I'm lighter on my feet already. I'm going to have to make some changes to my diet as well though - I tried three outfits on yesterday before I found one that looked ok.

My neighbours hosted a lovely party yesterday. They provided a proper feast and even had a separate vegetarian table. Dessert was courtesy of an ice cream van who came to the gate. He played his music right from the end of the lane so we could hear him coming :D And of course the weather was glorious.

There were lots of neighbours there, some of whom we already knew and some we didn't. New friends were made.

Not much else to report. A couple of Bay sales which I'll need to post today and the usual chores.

Happy Monday everyone

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,716 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Excellent running Fortune! Glad you're enjoying it :) I'm only a few weeks ahead of you (did the last day of week 6 yesterday) and the build up is nice and slow so you should be fine :) (and if you don't feel ready, just repeat a week).

Mmmm, ice cream :j
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    mmmm - ice cream from the van - what a lovely summery treat!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Excellent running Fortune! Glad you're enjoying it :) I'm only a few weeks ahead of you (did the last day of week 6 yesterday) and the build up is nice and slow so you should be fine :) (and if you don't feel ready, just repeat a week).

Mmmm, ice cream :j

I'm finding it just right so far Cheery. Just hard enough to see some improvement each time. Although I don't go very fast at all. I'm concentrating on getting up to distance and will work on speeding up after that.
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    mmmm - ice cream from the van - what a lovely summery treat!

A double cornet with a flake and some sprinkles. We all felt like children again queuing up to get our ice creams :rotfl:

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Yesterday turned into a gardening day. I pruned the raspberries - which may be the first time I've pruned anything at the correct time :rotfl:, weeded all the pots and hoed the veg patch. Took me all afternoon :o The courgettes are still doing well and I have flowers on the butternut squash and some tiny fruit developing :D

I did get time to pop in for a cuppa with lodger friend though. Had to tell her we didn't want the cats here. I think she was expecting it and I've promised to help her find a foster home for them.

Yesterday's lunch was Halloumi & Roasted Pepper Wraps. Supper was Pea, Courgette & Parmesan Soup as we had three more courgettes in the veg patch that needed eating up.

We had some heating oil delivered yesterday. I'd been waiting for the usual Summer dip in prices but that hasn't arrived. I'm sure that prices will start going up again towards the end of the year when demand increases so thought I'd better bite the bullet and get some now. We have about half a tank full now but I may get another 500 litres before the Winter just in case we have a bad one again. Seems odd to be thinking about Winter when it's such a glorious day today again. The forecast is for good weather up to October I think. I hope so as I was a bit late getting the sweetcorn in and it's got a long way to grow :rotfl:

Today I need to catch up on some housework and ironing. Mr F may be off on a business trip over the weekend so clean, pressed shirts are needed. I also need to get to the Po$t Offic£ as I didn't manage it yesterday.

Hope the sun is shining on you

Fortune x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback