PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just popping in as well to say Hi to everyone and sending (((HUGS))) as needed. I'm getting used to anti-d's atm so I'm (even) less with-it than usual :rotfl: I'm reading along and thinking of you all.

monnagran My son-in-law let his guide dog off the lead on Margate beach and she snaffled a sandwich from a family's picnic :eek: Luckily they thought it was really funny.
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I let my Labrador off the lead and she hoovered two portions of fish and chips from two hipsters on Whitstable beach when we lived there!
    Carolbee
  • ivyleaf
    edited 9 August 2017 at 11:13AM
    Options
    carolbee wrote: »
    I let my Labrador off the lead and she hoovered two portions of fish and chips from two hipsters on Whitstable beach when we lived there!

Oh, that's brilliant! :D Did you have to buy them some more?

ETA Shouldn't really be going :D, should i - i suppose it should really be :eek:
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning all .
    Island maid I've passed your message on to the "Daily" I think you were in such a rush you put it here by mistake .

FPk Just make sure your cat isn't developing thumbs . When that happens they will take over the world

MMF You seem to have such enjoyable days . Regarding retirement I think seize the day is a good idea . Sometimes though I find the day refuses to be seized :D

How are you ivyleaf? You seem to have had one thing after another going on and it can get pretty tiring . Hoping the ads will help once they kick in . Judging be DD the period while your system gets used to them is not always pleasant but if they do the trick worth it in the end .

Love the dog tales . My middle daughter has a big chocolate lab and spends her time dragging him away from anything semi edible . She's tiny and he's huge and it's funny to watch . She does win always as she's very fit and the expression in those doggy eyes is priceless .

Well I slept through my double alarm clock system this morning and woke at 9.15 . Unheard of for me . Luckily I don't need to go out today . I'm blaming last nights hot water bottle . I just slept right through the night .
    It looks as though another downpour is imminent so I'll probably have to start the ironing mountain at some point , oh the joy !
    polly x

burtha :heart2:.
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • carolbee
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Oh, that's brilliant! :D Did you have to buy them some more?

ETA Shouldn't really be going :D, should i - i suppose it should really be :eek:

I managed to get her before they realised who she was with, naughty I know. Th next day she ate a load of manky bacon from some school children fishing, a week later a dry chamois leather. this in addition to the normal food stealing from tables etc ...
    Carolbee
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    carolbee Did she at least have the decency to clean the windows before attacking the chamois leather?

CRANKY I've been meaning to ask how you and the troll are going on since you gave up work . It can only be good for you both . The good oldstyle skills and the green fingers will prove their worth .
    I often wonder how I ever worked . Sometimes it costs more to do so at times .
    Hope both of you are keeping well .
    polly xx

• carolbee
    Options
    carolbee Did she at least have the decency to clean the windows before attacking the chamois leather?

sadly not 😀
    Carolbee
  • ivyleaf
    Options
    carolbee She sounds like the archetypal Lab, that's for sure :)

pollyanna I'm ok thanks love. This is day 7 of the ad's so they haven't kicked in yet, but the side effects seem to be wearing off :) Sending very gentle ((HUGS)) to you and your DD.

burtha Thinking of you xxx

mardatha So sorry to hear you were too knackered to enjoy Edinburgh . Reminds me of the times I've asked OH to take me to Bluewater (big shopping centre near here) because there was something I particularly wanted to get, and then when we've arrived I've had to ask him to take me straight home again :o Thankfully it's a while since I've been quite as bad as that.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Labs are very much the hoovers of the canine world . My daughters big nemesis is coming across a discarded donner kebab or similar on a long walk . Often result is a visit to the v e t if she doesn't pull him away in time . He seems to have a love for fast food in particular with some bad outcomes if he keeps his mouth clamped shut and swallows .
    ivyleaf Good to hear the meds seem to be settling . Hopefully once they kick in they'll make a difference . Thanks for the gentle hugs , sending the same to you and your husband xx

Well it hasn't rained yet so hopefully wont . I have got a stage one jumper on . I grade them from fine to very chunky as the seasons turn .
    Which reminds me FPk with your what to wear dilemma . Didn't you see my guide to what northeners wear post a few pages back? Layers dear , layers and a spare pair of footwear the opposite to the ones you're going out in :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    polly

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,520 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning all .
    Island maid I've passed your message on to the "Daily" I think you were in such a rush you put it here by mistake[/B].

Thank you - Insomia brain:rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family