PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Hopefuljoy
    Hopefuljoy Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all you wonderful people and thank you for the hugs and prayers and rituals that have been flying me and my DD s way. I haven't logged on for a few days and see that lots has been going on. My DD has an appointment with your MH team this Friday and the doctor was brilliant on Monday. She is on the same anti depressants as last time and we are fairly glued together. My new employer was wonderful and has given me four days leave to keep her company which is a real relief.

I really feel for you SO about your mother and everyone has given you good advice. I'd keep your finances totAlly private in all meetings and tAke lots of notes as well. This forum is so lovely and between us we can all help you research after the meeting. Even if they say scary things you cannot be bullied into anything.

To everyone who is struggling at the moment I am sending lots of love. I am still getting used to everyone's names and will say hello to all of you properly tomorrow. Sleep well!
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still wet, still gloomy, still muddy, life on the cut remains the same.

No childcare today so I can sit and contemplate my navel for the next 6 hours!

Breakfast has been eaten, supper has been planned, I just need to sweep the mud off the floor again.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    Options
    Very quick visit from me this morning. A bit of a rush around before going to meet my good friend who is travelling all the way from England to have lunch with me. Our days have a pattern set in stone. Coffee and chat at Harry's Bar until it's time to wander along the sea front to Ryde Castle for lunch and chat. This is followed by a walk back along the front to the Chocolate Factory for a hot chocolate and chat before she gets the ferry back to civilisation and I get the bus back to Millie.

Post office demanded an extortionate amount to post Millie as she was such a very large, large letter.

Glad all went so well for you Hopefuljoy. What a lovely employer you have.

SO, all our love and support will be going with you today. Do not be intimidated, you are a much too special person for that.

Must go or I'll be running for the bus in my dressing gown.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down in my shoe my sock is sliding off.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Still no rain here, but we're now wrapped in a thick white fog. It is the colour of the water that comes out of a milk bottle when you rinse it. My new passport came yesterday, just waiting for my other one to be returned and I should be clear to visit mum and dad this summer. I slept in a bit this morning, one advantage to it being out of term time is that I can do my work when it suits me. I still feel tired but slept much better, apart from OH having some strange dream and tapping me on the shoulder. Fortunately I got back off to sleep straight away.

LW, sometimes it does make you wonder. When asked things like that I'm always tempted to give slightly outlandish answers but have never actually thought of anything quickly enough in the moment. If she asks again you could recommend hydrotherapy. The dog two doors down from us is taken twice per week for a swim in a special doggie pool to help keep his weight down. I think my OH was shocked to hear about a dog with a gym membership. Upon hearing this relayed Maggie the Cat stalked out of the room in disgust.

Hopefuljoy, don't worry it takes ages to get names down. I'm glad there is brightness on the horizon for you and your DD.

Right, I'd better get down to it. I don't want to still be marking at tea time tonight. Hugs to all who need them.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Full & grey here but no rain. DS1 has had an invite to a posh dinner via his work and asked me to go with him. It's a lovely venue a little distance away so he's booked us into a hotel for tonight, so today will be a leisurely drive down and be spoilt for a bit - apparently it's my mother's Day present!
    I have to have a small procedure done next Tuesday at the hospital - I read the booklet they gave me and wish I hadn't 'cos I'm bricking it but trying to put it to the back of my mind. I know there are much worse things happening for many of you so feel a bit of a wimp too! As a work colleague used to say - Rise above it dear girl, rise above it.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • juliettet
    juliettet Posts: 726 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If it what I think it is Silvasava you will be fine.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    SO, all our love and support will be going with you today. Do not be intimidated, you are a much too special person for that.

You're very kind but I'm not special, just trying my best.

Thank you for all your support.

You were right and I was stupid worrying.

Meeting at mother's care home was about advanced care, and end of life care.

I have said there are a couple of things I would like to think about. It's a life, my mother, she is difficult and can be hurtful, but she's my mother.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    Options
    SO, why on earth could they not have told you what it was all about and saved you all that worry?
    Anyway, you are special. You are the only one of you in the universe, and if that doesn't make you special I don't know what does. Sleep tonight.

Silva, you are doing the most scary part before you get there. The worrying bit beforehand is always worse. Keep your mind on Wednesday when it will all be over and you will be euphoric.

Isn't enjoying yourself tiring? I feel exhausted with talking, listening and eating.
    However, my bedroom looks like the aftermath of a jumble sale so I'd better do a bit of tidying today and cleaning can wait until tomorrow.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sorry you went through all that worry SO, the care home could have given you a hint. You've probably got a lot to think about now. Take your time.

We had sunshine here this morning, it was breezy too so anything that wasn't nailed down has been washed. The house had every window and door open, it was blowing a hoolie through the hall but seems so much fresher now.

I've also made a start in my rather small garden, can't do too much as I'm waiting to have the conservatory demolished, then it will be the size of a large postage stamp but at least there should be somewhere to sit, I would rather sit outside than in the conservatory, it's either too hot, too cold, too wet (it leaks) or just too grim to sit in.

I also walked to fat club, how I managed to lose 1/2lb is truly amazing!
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems so silly to have let you worry about that Silver-oldie. I could have written that last sentence of yours myself, have another *hug* xx

Congratulations on your half pound Camelot :T

Hope you enjoy your night away Silvasava. Wishing you the best for your procedure.

I've been a bit mentally absent, I'm not used to as much paid work as I've been getting recently, I normally do a 3 day fortnight, I've done double this fortnight and have another 3 day week next week. Any time I'm offered it I just say yes. I'm a bit tired because I'm still otherwise trying to up my activity levels, and while work is exhausting it's desk based, so when I get home I have to fit in more activity than normal IYSWIM. Anyway, it's all working, I've been to the doctors, I'm 5.9kg down, he's thrilled with what I'm doing and how I'm doing it, hugely supportive. Going line dancing today.

I tell you what though, my grocery bill is not for the faint hearted at the moment :eek: We probably are eating 7-10 serves of fresh veg a day, mostly greens and a lot of other good quality fish, poultry and meat. That said, though the bill scares me, it's what my best friend and my mother in law ordinarily spend on their regular shopping, but for me it's terrifying, so it's a good job I've got a bit of extra work.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure