PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    marra nargle. :D That and the rest of you lovely people made me smile. Call off the violins! I hear you and I am fine. A marra is what a miner would call a friend but only a friend who was trustworthy and worthy of that accolade. ;)

My dad fought cancer nargle. Started in his kidney, had that removed but it spread and he died of a brain tumor. I never shared that in all these years. It isn't hereditary so yes monna, stop bliddy thinking. My mam had a heart murmur and nearly packed in when in ITU in 2015 with the drink but ultimately it was a duodenal ulcer that took her, along with the cirrhotic liver. So no, nothing is the same. I've just had a bit of dodgy time health wise and a couple of things have been flagged up that's all.

Bless you all. I know, the woe me look is never very attractive. Deary me. I just spiralled a little bit there.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    No, you sent out a request for help and got it back by the bucketload from the Garden Fence Musketeers.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    babs_103 wrote: »
    fuddle, my thoughts will be with you tomorrow, my DH had his first triple bypass at age 39, he has now been told he needs a double bypass but at 57 has been told he is too young to have it done. With medication, a fairly good diet (if I can keep him away from the custard tarts!) and gental exercise he is doing well .

The reason I'm saying this is to show that it is better to know than not, if he hadn't been tested when he was the same age he lost his Father, we would never had known and our life would have been so so different.

I hope this helps you a little, please forgive me if it dosen't but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you tomorrow. x

Thank you for sharing babs. It does help. It is better to know. You have yourself a very determined man there. If your man can do it under such awful circumstances then I can do it with something not so serious at all. Thank you.
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    Nothing to worry about fuddle what ever your diagnosed with chances are if we can't cure it yet we can keep you going until we can. Medicine is advancing all the time. You will suddenly find there is an appointment when you need one. Will be thinking of you.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 February 2018 at 12:22AM
    Options
    Fuddle, as Hesters sig says "chin up, titus out"... We all need scaffold occasionally, me yesterday and you today... Think what YOU'D have said to me or anyone who posted for help. Isn't that what the thread is for? It's definitely better to know...

Actually, doesn't Monna's sig just say it all :) (well except we are not that quiet :rotfl:)
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My late lovely Mum was told I wouldn't survive to go to school ,well over 7 decades later I am still alive and kicking and good job my Mum said 'Nonsence, the lassie will be fine I will make sure of that :):):)

You have us all rooting for you honey, and as monna said its big girl pants time so show the Drs you will be strong as you have an army of people behind you cheering you on

Onwards and upwards honey

JackieO xxx
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fuddle I have just caught up with the thread and I wanted to give you my support too.
    My DH was diagnosed with incurable cancer which knocked us sideways for a while, but we are treating each day as a bonus and just getting on with living. So no matter what the outcome you will take anything that is thrown at you, in your stride. You are a very strong person with a loving family and a great bunch of supporters on here, who will be with you whenever the need arises. Take care and please have a big hug from me.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So, Fuddle. Here we are, all ready to march to the cardiologist with you. In moments of extreme anxiety just conjure up the image of the great Fencers army clustered round you, all booted and chain-mail suited, rolling pins and sharpened knitting needles hidden up their sleeves and the elephant tethered in the car park.
    All ready and more than willing to protect their dearest friend Fuddle.

I have woken up to gales and torrential rain hurling itself against the windows. According to the weather forecast this rain is falling as white stuff up country.
    So, for the benefit of our friends north of the border I offer this..

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

See, amid the winter's snow
    Lots of cars that just won't go;
    It is not the driver's fault -
    Councils have run out of salt.
    Here we sit the whole night long.
    Where have all the snowploughs gone?
    If we'd known we'd be delayed
    We'd perhaps have brought a spade. (Nigel Beeton)

(If the snow goes on you might get another verse later)
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,513 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fuds Just popping in before work to say good luck today x

Off to braves the gales..... which reminds me, I must check my lottery numbers, I may not have to bother tomorrow :whistle:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • babs_103
    babs_103 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I hope the Doctors has a hugemungus room fuds. because we are all with you today xx
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus

Illegitimi non carborundum

GNU Terry Pratchett

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family