PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Noooo, my weight has gone down! Got filled up with steroids in hosp and was scared to weigh meself but yes, lost 1lb :D
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I'm afraid I post asking for a bit of propping up this evening. Tomorrow I meet with the cardiologist and the day after the thoracic consultant. I feel like my world is about to come tumbling down with the possibility of multiple diagnosis and I'm scared but also, unfortunately, I'm feeling sorry for myself. Yup. I feel like it isn't fair, that I'm too young. My dad went when he was 39. I'm 39 this year.

What I'm hoping for is some sort of info from you all that diagnosis in 40's etc are quite common, that life definately goes on help my mind set to get back round to 'it's better to know and deal than to not know and exacerbate' which it normally is in but I am in a bit of a lost state of panic this evening.

I am so sorry to be so needy friends. I like to be the one doing the propping up these days xx
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,513 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fuddle I am afraid I can offer no words of wisdom, or, in fact any knowledge at all of what you are going though.

All I can offer are heart felt ((Hugs)) and promise that I will be thinking of you and hoping for a positive outcome x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • babs_103
    babs_103 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fuddle, my thoughts will be with you tomorrow, my DH had his first triple bypass at age 39, he has now been told he needs a double bypass but at 57 has been told he is too young to have it done. With medication, a fairly good diet (if I can keep him away from the custard tarts!) and gental exercise he is doing well .

The reason I'm saying this is to show that it is better to know than not, if he hadn't been tested when he was the same age he lost his Father, we would never had known and our life would have been so so different.

I hope this helps you a little, please forgive me if it dosen't but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you tomorrow. x
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus

Illegitimi non carborundum

GNU Terry Pratchett

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Fuds our generation are benefiting from more knowledge in healthcare, which means living longer and also being diagnosed later. But also, it means you will be in expert hands tomorrow & Wednesday, and you can always voice any concerns you have here with us xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fuddle

I don't have experience to offer but would agree better to know then there is a chance for treatment, medication etc to cure or slow down whatever condition comes to light.

You are a determined and strong person and I will be crossing fingers and toes for you. You can get through this.

Hugs
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Chin up Fuds, knowledge is power.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fuddle, stop thinking. No good ever came from thinking. It's big girls' pants time.

You don't have to think and worry and stress, you just have to put on your blinkers and DO IT.

If you had been born 100 years ago all these reassuring tests wouldn't have existed and you would have written off years ago.

Aren't you the lucky one to have been born in these modern days?

Whatever, you know full well that we will get you through this. Drag you by the hair if necessary.
    When you feel scared and alone just think of us all clustered round you, cheering you on. It may help, it may make you feel worse, it may reduce you to helpless giggles.

Attagirl!
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Fuddle although we only know each other online, I know you well enough to know that you will face the future clear eyed, with courage and dignity. And with all our heartfelt best wishes going along with you
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fuddle. You can overthink these things. Understandably, as you have been backwards and forwards between doctors and hospitals many times over the past couple of years. If your dad had a cardiac condition then you will also be thinking about genetics. The thing is, whatever it is, it is, and the good thing is, whatever you hear tomorrow, at least then (we hope) you will have some answers and will be able to manage and deal with the issue. For now, stop planning your funeral. There is every reason why you should live to a ripe old age, even if it means taking tablets. You are already doing so many right things - avoiding smoking, avoiding excessive booze, avoiding illegal drugs, eating as healthily as possible, getting exercise, making your home a place of calm and tranquillity.
    Come on my old Durham marrer (have I spelt that right?), que sera sera and all that cobblers. Whatever it is, it is and you can handle it,
    One life - your life - live it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure