PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been monitoring Santa's progress around the world over night via the NORAD website and he deffo did not call here!

In fact he [STRIKE]or the site[/STRIKE] crashed a few times and experienced some buffering so I do hope he managed to reach all of you :D

Silver Oldie..I am so pleased you had a good day :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    De-lurking to wish all you lovely fencers a very happy Christmas you are a wonderful bunch of people.:A:A:A:A

Hugs and spoons to all that are going through difficult times. Silver Oldie what a wonderful way the day turned out for you and your OH, the power of vibes is a wonderful thing.:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Santa left stockings for me & DH at his brother's home over the new Forth crossing, so he obvs can find some people...or maybe he's got a stroppy sat-nag like DH's VW Golf!

MMF glad the PTB have been open & honest about Dad's situation and reasured you about his care.
    VJsmum just keep coming out of your escape room briefly before going to see the dog ;)
    Silveroldie so pleased you had a great day without any toxic behaviour - karma is a wonderful thing :)

Hope everyone has a peaceful & safe Christmas, with spangly hugs for those who would like one (and a bit of snow for Mar) xxx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Silver-oldie. As you might expect, I have to say, "God moves in a mysterious way......"

How wonderful for you to have a day like yesterday to tuck away in your happy memory bank. All the better for being completely unexpected.

I'm waiting for my DS to come and pick me up. Apparently Pickle was opening her stocking at some unearthly hour this morning and has now fallen asleep again. That won't last, her Gramps, uncle, big brother and big big brother are due to arrive round there at any moment.

Let the battle begin.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wishing everyone peace and blessings at Christmas :)

We are going to DD2's in about an hour, and then when they have to go out later we are going to DD1's.

I was going to give my Kenwood Prospero mixer to DGS and his fiancee but I'm not sure where its blender is. The mixer was a "special request" Christmas present from OH 2 years ago, and I was excited about it at the time but in the event I've only used it once as most of the instructions are in tiny pictures. :o

silver-oldie i'm so glad yesterday went so much better than you were expecting!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    EMERGENCY COOKING HELP REQUIRED!! I have no gravy granules no gravy mix no nothing to make gravy with!! I have a lamb caserole on the stove. What can I do to make it brown and tasty?????
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    EMERGENCY COOKING HELP REQUIRED!! I have no gravy granules no gravy mix no nothing to make gravy with!! I have a lamb caserole on the stove. What can I do to make it brown and tasty?????

No idea sorry..but could you just knock on a neighbour's door and ask if they can spare you some. Good luck.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    One neighbour is away to her mums and the other one is in Italy for xmas :eek:
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Worcester sauce, soy sauce are the only things I can think off Mar.

DD1 phoned, she had to have her lurcher dog pts at 3am and she had other family news that now makes this the Christmas from hell.

In a desperate attempt to find some good news she remembered that it only cost half as much as it did
    when she had her other dog a staffy pts as this one was half the weight. She has spent £7000 in the last few month due to a misdiagnosis of the lurcher.
    We ended up in fits of giggles, an excess of emotion.
    CHS is painting the engine bay, I'm going to tidy my bedroom and bury my head in the sand.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nursemaggie
    Options
    Have you any cornflour mar Mix that in a little cold water and use that. Alternatively you could fry some plain flour gently until it is a smooth paste and the flour is cooked. Stir that in and keep stirring until it is thickened, flavouring you can add some mixed herbs or rosemary, salt and pepper. I don't know what else to suggest. Have you got an onion in with the lamb? that will help. If you have some soy sauce that will add colour and a little flavour.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback