PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am still surviving on black coffee....
    Will be at shops in an hour.
    Dinner tonight is parsnip pilau

Meal plan with DH over dinner and trip to market tomorrow.
    I might get out for a run but will certainly walk if not as the sun is shining.
    Hello new folks.....I seem to be hanging around gaining and losing...like one of those huge gas tanks.....
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for adding me in Knit Witch, is there a specific day everyone weighs themselves? If not I guess Wednesday will be my day, after a bad start this week I hope I at least loose 1lbs! But Easter is over and the chocolate eggs are gone, plenty of gardening this weekend and home made healthy food and hopefully I'll be on my weight loss journey

No set day but it would be helpful if you could show some how that it is your weigh in (make it bold, coloured or just write Weigh In!) I am a Witch of very limited brain (to paraphrase Winnie the Pooh) and need all the help I can get :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NewShadow wrote: »
    Hi SIRENS!

Hi Eccentrica (what an amazing name! How on earth did you come up with it?)

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy :p
    Must use my stash up!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    2lb off. Thank you KnitWitch.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 April 2018 at 6:43PM
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy :p

Okay... no one google that woman's name where there are people of a nervous disposition in the vicinity...

*coughs*

She looks very a friendly character.

Erm... And now for something completely different :cool:

My weigh-ins are Mondays when I'm at work and the odd time I have to go to the nurse for something.

Weighed before I started here :eek: but then it's been bank holidays - hopefully I've been being honest with myself so I should have a nice surprise coming :o

I still have what feels like a toothache behind my eye (you know, the kind that you just know is there but only hurts when you poke it) so I've been taking it relatively easy and have decided that tidying up can wait until tomorrow.

Today has been a super carby day.

Breakfast was cold ham and broccoli pasta bake;
    Lunch was spicy sausage (mushroom/onion) pasta and;
    Dinner was more pasta with meatballs (toms/onion).

There is no more beef stew (chucked the last portion out as I'd left it in the microwave overnight) and today ate the last of the cooked pasta so tomorrow is a new menu - thinking roast chicken...

There were also two little frangipani tarts (but I was strong and left the other two for another day). Fruit and a yogurt may be consumed later but for now I'm thinking I'd prefer an early night.

resized-image_0008_pinterest.com-sleepy-emoji.png
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CathA … 0/4
    Coxy11 … 0/7
    CRANKY40 … 1/1 :D
    Gresleyrover … 0/7
    Knit Witch … 6/4 :):):):D:T:T
    NewShadow … 0/13
    Maisie M … 0/14
    Monnagran … 2/10 :):)
    SIRENS … 0/14
    Snorfing along … 0/13
    SuzieC … 0/14
    TiredTrophy … 0/11
    Zafiro1984 … 0.5/14 ;)

0 st 9.5 lb :):):):):):):):):);)
    Must use my stash up!
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 April 2018 at 7:02PM
    Options
    I'll join in on this one, if i may
    I have to wholeheartedly agree with pollypenny about support and there's plenty on this thread.

I too bought a Micheal Mosely book but it was the 8week diabetic diet. I'm not diabetic and never have been but the diet (modified) seemed to work. Basically, I've cut out bread, potatoes, rice and pasta. Potatoes and rice were easy to cut out but I struggled a little with pasta and bread. The other thing recommended and which I took on board was to cut my sugar intake as low as possible. So now I cook from scratch using very very little processed food unless it is sugar free as in jelly (the odd tin of baked beans or tuna creeps in occasionally).

I don't consciously count calories but I watch portion size. The fridge groans with fruit and vegetables, in fact I also use a smaller old fridge relegated to the pantry as well as the bigger one in the kitchen.

Something seems to have worked - I lost a total of 4.5stone last year. However, I put on nearly a stone earlier this year but that was down to a change in circumstances and being spoiled by the family. I'm now doing catch-up and hope to lose an extra couple of stone this year.

I almost forgot to say but I've so much more energy and I find I can do a lot more physical work. Today I cleaned out two big hen houses, did a couple of hours on the veg plot and moved a load of logs from a dead oak tree that was felled yesterday and cut up, plus the usual housework and cooking.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all and a warm welcome to the new peoples :hello:

Sorry I'm late to the gate but had lappy problems. Have now purchased a chrome-b**k and hope I have better luck, once I've become used to using it.

Please can you put me down for 8 lbs for this challenge Knitwitch.

Good luck everyone and hope you all do well with the weight loss
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Sa1sysoo
    Sa1sysoo Posts: 297 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey all, I'm back again after a loooong period of sts. Can I sign up for this one too? I'm thinking I'm setting my goals too high, so I get disheartened when nothing moves.
    That being the case, could I go for 6lbs, please, knit witch?
    OH OD - £100.00/£100.00 Joint OD - £100.00/£100.00StepChange: £10,057.67
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good afternoon all.

I have been so incredibly lazy today - all I've done is let the cat out one or six times, made lunch and put the washing machine on... need to get a wiggle on :p

Late rising led to an early lunch of roast chicken with carrot/swede mash and mashed spuds. Leftovers will do the same for tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll be hungry for dinner, but if I am there's a slimming world curry that will cook from frozen.

Went to the market yesterday - ended up with about three kilo of tomatoes that need to be eaten reasonably sharpish (£1:cool:) - other than soup any lower carb suggestions appreciated?

I've got courgettes, mushrooms, peppers and red onions - plus a freezer full of all sorts of meat/fish.

Thankies in advance :)
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure