PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 April 2018 at 5:52PM
    Options
    Hi SIRENS!

I had a really great group leader the first time I went but she was running four or five groups in the area and handed us over to (being very mean and judgemental) a young attractive girl (early 20's) who was something like size 10 and I found out she was friends with someone at work so I bailed. I think the group has gone through four or five leaders since then and at the moment it's a bloke called 'Jon'.

I could try again, but I know the format didn't suit me and I 'know' what I'm supposed to do so if I can manage without plus it saves money....

Hi Eccentrica (what an amazing name! How on earth did you come up with it?)

I'm lucky that in work we have one of those fancy machines that measures your muscle mass/water weight/ fat percentage and so on - plus calculates your base metabolic rate (I apparently burn 1900 kcals while asleep :eek:). Combined with the fitbit I bought at christmas it's giving me a lot of data to feel in control of what's happening to my body - just need to see if it works out in the long run :cool:

Now to business - today:

Breakfast = late start so had some cooked turkey breast
    Lunch = Fusilli Genovese (Mixed roast vegetables, pecorino & pine nuts with a pesto & cream sauce
    Dinner = beef one pot (beef, tomatoes, passata, courgette, peppers, spinach, Prymat Gyros Seasoning) - last serving for tomorrow!:p
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Evening All
    I'm desperately trying to recoup after eating everything in sight over the Easter weekend, I'm off next week as the kids are still off so will need to be extra careful as I'm a lethal snicker when not at work.

B porridge, blueberries
    L couscous and campfire stew
    D tonight I am the left over queen, so couple of slices of beef,hard boiled egg, small jacket and some salad!
    S cereal bar and yoghurt.

NewShadow

I'm with you on the knowing what to do, for some I think the group thing is great, I use to attend ww group years ago which was lovely, didn't loose much, but made some great friends, had to give it up as it eventually classed with work.
    Also yes, it is pretty pricey, I'd rather loose weight and keep my money!
    And besides this group is fab and very supportive
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got home....stood on scales:eek:

Knitwitch....please up my target to 5kg....this should get me back on target....the inbetween target.....!

Today is compulsory fast...I have only found enough food for dinner this evening!
    It will be leeks and kale from the garden with eggs and cheese...looks like omelette I guess.

However, once I have waded through the tide of mess and papers my DH has left around, I shall buy food....probably tomorrow after I ve met him at a distant airport to collect his cases so that he can cycle home....

I am feeling a real need to clear stuff out but he does not apparently...is hoarding hereditary?
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh, it is good to see other people doing the same thing as I am! I'm doing a 90 day Weight Loss/Mobility and Movement challenge to myself. I haven't set a target for lbs lost but overall, I would be satisfied with 14lb/1 stone, so that's what I'm aiming for. Most importantly I want to eat planned meals, balanced and nutritious, heavy on the veggies. I'm cooking from scratch, pretty much everything except bread and pasta but I don't think I'll be going mad on either of those. Once I've got those habits down, I'm going to focus more on portion sizes.

I'm so glad there are other people out there doing this. I am not a great lover of slimming groups in the conventional sense. Having you people here will make a big difference. :-)

Good to see you! Are you wanting to join in the challenge?
    Hi

I've just found this group, is it too late to join the challenge? I'd like to loose 13lbs before my holiday in July

Not a problem! I take sign up right until the last week of a challenge - 13 lbs it will be!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CathA … 0/4
    Coxy11 … 0/7
    CRANKY40 … 0/1
    Gresleyrover … 0/7
    Knit Witch … 0/4
    NewShadow … 0/13
    Maisie M … 0/14
    Monnagran … 0/10
    SIRENS … 0/14
    Snorfing along … 0/13
    SuzieC … 0/14
    TiredTrophy … 0/11
    Zafiro1984 … 0.5/14 ;)

0 st 0.5 lb ;)
    Must use my stash up!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,771 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 lb off for me this week please Knit Witch. I am now the lightest that I've been for a very long time. I was given my one stone off award in SW this week. It may not seem like a money saving activity but going to group keeps me on the straight and narrow and I go with family (I am the driver) so there's a few things that I never have to pay for. My cousin is treating me to a ticket for a meal and an outing next Monday for instance. I also cook from scratch (most of our group do actually) which makes up the rest of the money saving part of it :)
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 April 2018 at 3:59AM
    Options
    I skipped lunch today and think I'm coming down with a stinking migraine as a consequence so logging off soon...

Breakfast = cooked some fish
    Lunch = Skipped (was busy)
    Dinner = nope!

ETA: Ended up crashing till 3am but feeling better now :)

Not advocated as a weight loss treatment ;)
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,771 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    NewShadow wrote: »
    I skipped lunch today and think I'm coming down with a stinking migraine as a consequence so logging off soon...

That happens to me too. I'm on day two of mine which started at 8:30am yesterday. I didn't have much for supper on Tuesday night and breakfast yesterday was later than usual.....the rest is history. Medication stops me vomiting but this was a bad one. I had pins and needles in my right hand and foot at one point. Today is an aftershock day. I just feel generally rough and if I cough, sneeze or bend down it feels like somebody has knocked me on the head with a hammer. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CathA … 0/4
    Coxy11 … 0/7
    CRANKY40 … 1/1 :D
    Gresleyrover … 0/7
    Knit Witch … 0/4
    NewShadow … 0/13
    Maisie M … 0/14
    Monnagran … 0/10
    SIRENS … 0/14
    Snorfing along … 0/13
    SuzieC … 0/14
    TiredTrophy … 0/11
    Zafiro1984 … 0.5/14 ;)

0 st 1.5 lb :);)
    Must use my stash up!
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    Thanks for adding me in Knit Witch, is there a specific day everyone weighs themselves? If not I guess Wednesday will be my day, after a bad start this week I hope I at least loose 1lbs! But Easter is over and the chocolate eggs are gone, plenty of gardening this weekend and home made healthy food and hopefully I'll be on my weight loss journey
    Barclaycard: £2970 Tesco: £655 MBNA £4830 Virgin: £6110
    Total Credit Card debt: £14,565 Car Loan: £12,055 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family