PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hello 2 lb off for me please knitwitch....not due to newly discovered dieting skill due to being ill and food tasting very odd and must have burnt a lot of calories coughing xx

i will have 8lb for the next challenge please....i might need to put that up if a few of these lbs lost while ill come back when i feel better

hope everyone is ok and not being hard on themselves this is dare i say impossible time of year to diet imo....can all start again after the festive niceness xxx
    onwards and upwards
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone and wishing you all a happy festive season.

I'm doing my last weigh in this Friday at the best I will be sts, at the worst - who knows. My salvation yesterday was the dentist didn't feel much like eating after that. Dentist again tomorrow - they know how to pack the appts in !!!

I'm in for the next challenge Knitwitch, please put me down for another 14lb, I'm not sure just how much I will be able to join in but I have to think positive and not get into a downward spiral of negativity re surgery which will be no good for me but I'm feeling low at the moment.

Hugs to all that need it.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,637 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    WI today and it is -2lb - I have no idea where they have gone as I have been a bit snackilicious. They will probably be back tomorrow.

Well what a surprise - I found them at the next WI and am back to my starting point with a +2lb. I suppose, given various parties, celebrations and xmas dos, I should be pleased to have maintained. I would have rather have built up a Christmas buffer but there you go.

On the plus side I am just 37 miles away from completing my 'walk 1000 miles in 2017' challenge so I will complete that, even if I end up circling the block till the total ticks over :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm very confused.

I sensed that I would have a gain unless I did some serious work, not so much because I had been excessively eating but because towards the latter part of last week I hadn't fitted in much exercise.

I weighed myself on a set of unfamiliar scales last Wednesday at my parents house and it said I was X stone and 5.5 Lbs.

When I weighed myself on the scales at B00ts on Monday it said I was X stone and 10 lbs. That seemed excessive but not entirely outside the realms of possibility.

On Monday I spent 2 hours 35 minutes on the exercise bike and on Tuesday I spent 2 hours 40 minutes on the exercise bike.

Today when I weighed myself I was X stone and 12 lbs!!!!

Erm, I'll admit I haven't been as careful with my food, but in all honesty I haven't been stuffing my face non stop.

The only positive is as the scales at B00ts do body fat %'s I can see I have lost 2.3% body fat since I last weighed on them. I know it's a myth to say muscle weighs more than fat, but i'm at a loss as to how I gained 6.5 lbs since last Wednesday. Maybe the scales last week were wrong/broken?

I hope I get a new set of scales for Christmas so I can better keep an eye on this.

Needless to say I will be in for the next challenge. I guess you can put me down for 12 lbs.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Only weigh yourself on one scales....(wearing the same clothes), scales do vary....and if they are digital, do the batteries need changing?
    If you do a particularly heavy weighttraining, you hold on to water, I read, and so get a heavier reading. At some part of your cycle, if you are a woman, you are heavier....and so on...so don't beat yourself up about it!.....says me....busy gaining all the weight I lost all year....birthday cake gone, just three boxes of chocolate left..but only one is fresh and needs eating right now...
    I ate sprouts with my dinner and had salad for lunch.....and 20360 steps today.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only weigh yourself on one scales....(wearing the same clothes), scales do vary....and if they are digital, do the batteries need changing?
    If you do a particularly heavy weighttraining, you hold on to water, I read, and so get a heavier reading. At some part of your cycle, if you are a woman, you are heavier....and so on...so don't beat yourself up about it!.....says me....busy gaining all the weight I lost all year....birthday cake gone, just three boxes of chocolate left..but only one is fresh and needs eating right now...
    I ate sprouts with my dinner and had salad for lunch.....and 20360 steps today.

Thanks TT, I will have to accept the last few readings are probably all inaccurate in one direction or another and as that is the end of the challenge I will wait until I get some scales at home and can control the conditions better.

I thought I would be honest about it, as embarrassing as it to appear to have put on 6.5 lbs in a week because someone else might be struggling.

On the plus side I can now cycle for over 2.5 hours! I have a dream of doing the London to Brighton one day so maybe if I can equate what I do on the exercise bike on the road then it might be achievable.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I will do my final weigh in tomorrow, I'm not expecting it to be great.

I ran yesterday and cycled this morning but I doubt I will get chance for exercise tomorrow or if I do it will be a quick run.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,771 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just done my final weigh in for this year and mysteriously I have managed to lose another 0.5 lbs. I'm not sure what to aim for in the next challenge. I'd like to be in it but my leg isn't quite at the healing stage yet and can swell up...I'm fairly sure I'm going to put everything I've lost during this challenge back on in the next week or so too.

Thanks for running the challenge Knit Witch.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Arrietty … 3/8 :):):)
    BearPearSun … 0/4.4
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 7.48/13.2 :):):):):):):);)
    CathA … 1 /4 :)
    CRANKY40 … 5/7 :):):):):)
    Dandy-candy … 2/6 :):)
    Debbiedodge1737 … 4/14 :):):):)
    Dolly84 … 3/10 :):):)
    Donnajt … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Dumpling …9/15 :):):):):):):):):)
    Florence J … 2.5/7 :):);)
    Fuddle … 3/4 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 5.7/12 :):):):):);):A
    Gresleyrover … 0.4/5 :A
    Jules81 … 0/8
    Karcher … 4/7 :):):):)
    Katiepants … 2/20 :):)
    Knit Witch … 5.26/10 :):):):):):A
    Lynnejk … 7/8 :):):):):):):)
    Maisie M … 3/14 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 0/6
    Monnagran … 2/5 :):)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … 0/14
    Short_bird … 9.5/6 :):):):):):D:):):);)
    SIRENS … 7.5/16 :):):):):):):)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 6/13 :):):):):):)
    TiredTrophy … +4/10 :(:(:(:(
    Weewdy … 4/7 :):):):)
    Zafiro1984 … 14/14 :):):):):):):):):):):):):):D

8 st 4.34 lb :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j :):):):):A
    Must use my stash up!
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh pants! I am the only one in purple! Sorry guys!

And now I am comfort eating as DH is contemplating us moving further into Eastern Europe and I'm quite worried.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure