PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    :wave: More welcomes to quintwins, Jessop64 and pipkin71 (and anyone else I may have missed :D )

euronorris – As VickiV says, A1di nappies are cheaper. DDiL used these for DGS1 and now for twin DGSs 2&3; she swears by them and wouldn’t buy any other brand. Likewise with the wipes. If you have any of the small grocery bags that are provided near the fruit & veg aisles, save them and use in place of nappy sacks any time you run out. :)
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome girls, I'm pretty confident I'll be ok as I'll be potty trainings so no nappies needed and lots of time spent at home :)

Just to add we use lidl nappies, they cost us £2 for 20 and are great.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all and a warm welcome to the new peoples and returners :hello:

Thanks Zippy and Coxy for the new month's thread :D

Please put me down for our usual £200 for the month and fifteen grocery challenge NSDs. This is to cover all food, cleaning, laundry and toiletries, from the first to last day of the month.

I'm still in July until the end of the month and will 'see' you all laters.

Hope you all enjoy the challenge and good luck for the month
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon, everyone! Please can I go down for £300 for August? We might be away over the bank holiday, so it may be a shorter month. Also got plenty of meat and fish in the freezers, so shouldn't need to buy much protein for meals. Got most of the toiletries we need, but low on cat food.

TIA

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • ScotinLondon
    ScotinLondon Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Evening all - can you please put me down for 140 commencing yesterday.

Am just totting up my receipts so will post my total for July when all done & dusted.

Thanks

SIL
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    We're still in July right now, however I want to put our budget for August up now.
    £155 August 1st to 31st for us; a couple (one vegan, one omnivore) for just food and drink (non-alcoholic) only. Chinchillas have a different budget. Toiletries, cleaning etc also a different budget. Alcohol has it's own budget.

I was tempted to put the budget up however it looks like we will come in budget for July so I'm hopeful about August.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi All

Right, the month started yesterday for us and I did a quick shop in Sburys in the morning to get something that I knew I couldn't get in Lidel, then did a shop in Lidel in the afternoon to get the majority of what we need for this month, but I forgot the receipts so I can't confirm exact amounts yet. Will update tonight.

Had to pop to Sburys this morning to get some other bits I discovered yesterday that Lidel do not sell - semonlina flour, crunchy chicken seasoning mix, sausage meat and spinach (they had sold out in Lidel) as well as some dr pepper zero (slightly addicted at the moment! Eek). Came to £14.35.

Shouldn't need anything for about a week now, and then it should only be top up of fresh fruit, bread, milk etc. Oh, might need milk sooner than that for little one, but that's it.

Made sure to make my egg sandwiches for my lunch today and put chicken casserole in slow cooker for tonight (and to portion up to freeze), and had some stuffing and sausage meat balls wrapped in bacon for dinner last night (had made them previously and frozen them to use up some leftovers).

Have a good day all.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The month has started here and we've spent £38.78 stocking up on nappies and formula for the youngest member of the family!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • GrowingPlants
    Options
    I will have a short month (3 weeks) as I'm not going to be at home and apart from the odd meals out I won't have any food shopping to do. With that in mind can I reduce my budget to £50(this isn't going to include meals out) for August.
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 July 2017 at 9:12PM
    Options
    It's a very long time since I've done this. Years x I'd like to be included please and would like to aim for £180. That's for a family of three. I hope it's a realistic starting point. We'll see. I will start on August 1st. Thanks very much and good luck all. I will be reacquainting myself with Aldi and my nectar card when at Sainsbury's. This won't include eating out and I have a family meal booked out for 21st.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure