How much do you spend on beauty products?

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It got to a stage where i could only afford either toiletries/lotions and potions or makeup. I ditched the toiletries (apart from hair conditioner as i dont use shampoo) which left me with makeup which i do buy occasionally. I'm lusting over Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow Baby Peach at the moment but the price is extortionate.
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Oooh, I'm glad I kept reading! After the first four or five replies I thought I'd better not post for fear of being thrown out of OS :p

I'm afraid I like expensive toiletries. Molton brown and Loccitane shower gel. They last months and I keep the pumps as it makes it last much longer. I'm a Liz Earle cleanse and polish devotee and an Elemis pro collagen moisturiser fan ( day and night cream). To be fair QVC is my friend for many of these brands as they do great deals. I only wear a little make up, currently Loccitane BB cream (40 ml lasts almost 6 months) and mascara. I like a nice lipstick but buy them based on colour and wear, rather than brand.

I will keep reading this thread with interest

Bexster :)
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As little as possible! From the top:

Hair: sm's own version of H&S shampoo, sm's own hairspray (probably one can a year, if that), no conditioner, dyes etc; a cut & blow dry every other month (this is a must, otherwise I'd be walking around doing a darn good impression of a Dulux dog :o )

Face: Olay moisturiser, no make-up (I'm 68 and have no wrinkles or crows feet - good genes I guess, thanks mum), use sm's own toilet soap plus water

Hands: sm's own hand cream

Body: Dove body lotion and deo

Legs: cheapy disposable razors for de-fuzzing

Underarms: as above

Feet: Superdrug's own foot deodorant, pumice stone to remove hard skin

Bath soak from sm (not that I spend a lot of time soaking in the bath - it's usually in/washed/out :D )

Toothpaste: whatever's on offer as long as it's for sensitive teeth

Perfume: I love a good perfume; currently have 2 Avon ones for day-to-day use, Ghost Serenity for evenings out and an (as yet) unopened Jimmy Choo Blossom (Xmas pressie from DH)

Anything over and above, you can bet it was a gift!
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    It got to a stage where i could only afford either toiletries/lotions and potions or makeup. I ditched the toiletries (apart from hair conditioner as i dont use shampoo) which left me with makeup which i do buy occasionally. I'm lusting over Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow Baby Peach at the moment but the price is extortionate.

I love matte eyeshadows, really matte. I love Laura geller.
    I tried that iconic Bobbi brown eyeliner, it didn't rock my world. But I prefer the liquid brush in a tube style eyeliner to the gels with a brush.
  • Kim_kim
    Options
    Oooh, I'm glad I kept reading! After the first four or five replies I thought I'd better not post for fear of being thrown out of OS :p

I'm afraid I like expensive toiletries. Molton brown and Loccitane shower gel. They last months and I keep the pumps as it makes it last much longer. I'm a Liz Earle cleanse and polish devotee and an Elemis pro collagen moisturiser fan ( day and night cream). To be fair QVC is my friend for many of these brands as they do great deals. I only wear a little make up, currently Loccitane BB cream (40 ml lasts almost 6 months) and mascara. I like a nice lipstick but buy them based on colour and wear, rather than brand.

I will keep reading this thread with interest

Milton Brown has never tempted me, but I do like Loccitane. I like their shower oil, their hand washes (I've got one ready to put out when I use up the current body shop one) & their handcreams.
  • Kim_kim
    Options
    I forgot to add opi nail envy nail polish & No7 serum - that one that's disposed to perform miracles. I do have good skin, but I should do!!!

I know I've got really expensive tastes in makeup & toiletries, but oddly I don't have really expensive tastes in perfume.
    I really like the philosophy ones, which are a decent price. I also like the Next & M&S ones which are lookalikees of expensive brands & the perfume parlours copies of jo malone scents.
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I'm also a nail envy girl! And st tropez fake tan. I change my shampoo and conditioner a lot as I have mad hair that won't behave.

My once every six months treat are skin bliss capsules from Elemis.

I'll get my coat....

• Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Fusspot wrote: »
    How much do you spend on beauty products

Nothing, am going for the Robert Redford 'worn in' look.
  • Wicked_Lady
    Wicked_Lady Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Haven't used make up for years and my perfume is a Ralph Lauren one that DD bought me when she could get it discounted at her work. Will have to look for something else when that runs out in a year or two!

Shower gel is always a creamy, moisturising one, usually £1 and I use the Aussie Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner, although I think it's called something else now.

I use Superdrug own brand serum, moisturiser and body cream and Vaseline as lip gloss but my one extravagance is hand cream, which I have all over the house plus a tube in my handbag. I always ask for a set of miniature hand creams for Christmas or birthday as it's something the children could afford as hard up students. Nowadays I often get treated to L'Occitane or a similar brand, which is great.

Think I'm pretty low maintenance really
  • FrugalinShropshire
    Options
    I don't spend anything on myself personally, just the basics shampoo and toothpaste for all of us. We have just made our first batch of soap so will be using that when the Aldi shower gel has run out. I have a moisturiser that I bought last year and I will have to wait for Xmas for a new one as money is very tight. I use Lidl's Coco Mademoiselle copy for perfume. When our income picks up I love Liz Earle.
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport