Have £141.56 left to pay EE and unable to for their mistake

Options
dreamtruce
dreamtruce Posts: 101 Forumite
basically I contacted EE to cancel / end my contract as i found a much cheaper contract that offers more.

I logged in last week to pay and was shocked to find that they cancelled my account before i could pay the remaining £141.56 through their online system

I spoke to somebody on the chat system and I have to go in store to pay or send a cheque to them by the 4th of july, however I don't have the money now to pay them now.

I tried getting in contact using the live chat and they say all my cards are wrong (only the cards i've ever used) and i can't even check to ensure my details were correct on the site since they've cancelled my whole account.

I live 1hour and 30mins away from any kind of EE store or bank which is why i wanted to pay online.

What do i do?
Home Deposit: £100.61|BULSFund: £50.00|EmergencyFund: £89.76 | Retirement: 5.21| Xmas 17:£10.00 |July NSD:1 / 15

Comments

• dreamtruce
    Options
    forgot to include - I tried calling EE and because they've removed my account there isn't any proof of my number now as its all been removed
    Home Deposit: £100.61|BULSFund: £50.00|EmergencyFund: £89.76 | Retirement: 5.21| Xmas 17:£10.00 |July NSD:1 / 15
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure why you think it's their mistake?

You asked to cancel the contract, they cancelled it and issued a final bill.

What mistake have they made?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 July 2017 at 11:12AM
    Options
    dreamtruce wrote: »
    forgot to include - I tried calling EE and because they've removed my account there isn't any proof of my number now as its all been removed

That doesn't sound right, closed accounts are not removed from the system, they stay on the system, just showing a closed status.

Phone back during office hours and ask to be put through to someone in customer billing.

You can also pay using internet banking.

Internet or telephone banking

If you wish to pay by internet or telephone banking, you’ll need the following details to make your payment:

EE Bank Account: 31012304
    EE Sort Code: 40-02-50
    Payment Reference: your EE account number
    You will need to allow at least five working days for your payment to reach us.
    ====
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    Not sure why you think it's their mistake?

You asked to cancel the contract, they cancelled it and issued a final bill.

What mistake have they made?

my final bill doesnt need to be paid until 4th. surely they'd cancel my contract after this date to allow customers to pay ? they cant close an account then leave the customer with no way to pay .
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 July 2017 at 4:41PM
    Options
    my final bill doesnt need to be paid until 4th. surely they'd cancel my contract after this date to allow customers to pay ? they cant close an account then leave the customer with no way to pay .

If you called and asked to cancel the acc would be cancelled there and then and the closing bill produced.
    If you wanted the acc cancelled on the 4th that what you should have asked for. . .
  • d123
    Options

How can you think that it's possible to calculate a final bill until after termination?

There are plenty of ways to pay...
    ====
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really surprised that the account has been closed before the final bill has been cleared. Is there something we've not been told? eg was the account up-to date to prior to this?
    d123 wrote: »
    Phone back during office hours and ask to be put through to someone in customer billing.

You can also pay using internet banking.

Internet or telephone banking

If you wish to pay by internet or telephone banking, you’ll need the following details to make your payment:

EE Bank Account: 31012304
    EE Sort Code: 40-02-50
    Payment Reference: your EE account number
    You will need to allow at least five working days for your payment to reach us.

I wouldn't make any payments via internet banking if you've been told the account is closed, you risk the monies entering some kind of EE black-hole. The call centre is likely tohave more access to account details than a store, I'd try them.
  • d123
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    I'm really surprised that the account has been closed before the final bill has been cleared. Is there something we've not been told? eg was the account up-to date to prior to this?

I wouldn't make any payments via internet banking if you've been told the account is closed, you risk the monies entering some kind of EE black-hole. The call centre is likely tohave more access to account details than a store, I'd try them.

Closed accounts are still on the system, he should probably speak to Customer Finance rather the normal call centre agents though if he's so worried.

Having said that, payments can be made on a closed account without any issue. All he has to quote is his account number.
    ====
  • dreamtruce
    Options
    issue sorted
  • d123
    Options
    issue sorted

Paid over the phone?
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories