NST Joyful July

Options

Comments

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Raphael and mothernerd.

I never meet people dog walking, although I guess I generally only walk alone in my village and then I'm with friends if I go sonewhere unknown.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to post yesterday - I was grateful for a NSD (1/16), a very productive day at work, seeing my friend and her wee boy, getting fed (my friend made curry :)), having a laugh with OH and reading a new book.

I'm hoping for a NSD today. Managed 17,000 steps yesterday but still not been for a run or to the gym. I'm planning to run home from work tomorrow and go to the gym on Saturday. The 10k is in 8 weeks time so really need to get back into training.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10789.83/£15000 (71.9% saved). Emergency fund - £1525.51/£2000 (76.3% saved).
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mothernerd wrote: »
    swimming superb surveying.

f0xh0les divorce? (the joy of never having to see your in-laws again). Lie (in the nicest possible way) Say the children are comitted to summer activities and have made unbreakable arrangements with friends. For tackling the guilt gene I would read The Life Changing Joy of Not Giving a F**k (think there is a TED talk). You have a limited amount of time and energy and you have to choose who you care about and how much. You are the one who will break under the conflicting demands - remember Look after yourself. It isn't selfish when you are the one everyone else depends on.

I read something rather sad on BookFace yesterday. Not sure how much I agree with it, but it was something along the lines of 'Have you noticed that the people who care about others and make sure that every one else is all right, often end up quite lonely'.

I wouldn't advocate not caring at all but it is hard when there is no one there when you need support in return (because you're so reliable, dependable, the one to turn to in a crisis).

Slightly more positive suggestion I meant to add. Are any of the elderly relatives on the internet. Could you send photos (videos?) or a little family newsletter so that you are maintaining contact, but changing how things operate. Would the kids be prepared to do this if they get out of doing the whole visiting thing?

Do the elderlies still see it as you going home?
    misstara wrote: »
    Didn't get a chance to post yesterday - I was grateful for a NSD (1/16), a very productive day at work, seeing my friend and her wee boy, getting fed (my friend made curry :)), having a laugh with OH and reading a new book.

I'm hoping for a NSD today. Managed 17,000 steps yesterday but still not been for a run or to the gym. I'm planning to run home from work tomorrow and go to the gym on Saturday. The 10k is in 8 weeks time so really need to get back into training.

What a lovely day. Lots of small wins. Hope training goes well.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

loving the quotes and motivational posts mothernerd. Loads of food for thought.

Needs/wants is an interesting never ending struggle in my head. Taking the sparkling water vs tap water debate. Your sparkling water is only 51p for 6l. How much are your water rates assuming you're in England and pay them? If it makes you drink more as tap water can become a bit dull and like sparkle too now and then it's worth the extra few pence. My cider habit (not as bad as this sounds btw :o) however is definitely a want. Especially food and drink are hard to decide. Alcohol is easy yes, but one could argue the kids don't need a tiny splash of squash in it. Do we need the prawns in that curry. I guess it all comes down to a fine balance of being frugal but still having little (not guilty) pleasure. I'm sure I saw a post about sth similar on frugalwoods.

Weird leftover lunch today (a box of random leftovers that accumulated in the freezer), spin bike at lunch. And another SFD.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fmess - good luck with all the marking. And go you! with the online dating.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Might actually manage a NSD today:D

After the dire start, I picked myself up on Monday so since then it has been budgetted spends only. (Dishwasher from savings:(- but that's what they are there for:D

2 x runs, 2 x gym and 1 x boxing. A better few days. Now off to Soft-play with nieces:eek:
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My day so far:
    Washing machine has broken. Neighbour tried to fix it but I think we need a new one (it is old)
    Strip light in the kitchen has broken and when I get a new one neither of my 2 will not have the first idea on how to put it up.
    Whole block is like a building site. Drilling, hammering, mess and dust (not good when you're asthmatic.
    Child outside has been playing with a tin drum all day.
    House is a disaster and I have friends coming to stay at the weekend.
    However taking the positive view:
    Aforesaid neighbour is doing my washing for me (what a star!). Luckily I've got lots of spare bedding and towels and there's always the laundrette (if I can find one).
    My friend thinks life is too short to do housework and her husband will probably take me through how to put up the light.
    Building will look better and be warmer - lower electricity bills
    Mess can be swept up
    Boys will be boys and if he's playing with a drum it'll keep him out of mischief.
    Not really so bad, is it?
    So I'm off to have a sit down and a nice glass of wine.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    Today wasnt a nsd. Took the children to mcdonalds and to feed the ducks. Having a down day today but need to perk up before slimming world.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone :j

Today I am grateful for:

1. A day off in the sunshine
    2. Hot and cold running water whenever I like
    3. A beautiful place to live in
    Today = NSD number 4

So today I initially felt a little low - in mood and energy. This month I have decided to track my food, sleep, mood, energy levels and any digestive issues to see if I can find any pattern.

Got my !!! to the gym and out in the sun for a walk. Feeling in tune with life right now and enjoying the sense of going with the flow. Enjoying my new spiritual practice and finding it a little more engaging than straight forward meditation.

Going to sit out in the sun and have a read I think... Take care and keep up the good work folks x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Enjoy that glass of wine Tonis friend sounds like you need it!

How's the 30 day shred going Apple muncher? I started it a few times but kept giving up at stage 2 - my knees protested :)

I've started a postnatal exercise plan I found on you tube. It's a 30 day plan and to start it's just really gentle slow movements whilst holding your core muscles in. Will be sticking with this section for a bit. Can't do the next stage till after my 6 week check up. Looking forward to being able to take Fluff outside next week and having a few family walks.

I forgot another of my health goals is to drink more water. I don't drink enough and when I do it's all brews (decaf at least) I'm filling my flask up in the morning and aiming to drink 2 in a day. Have done it today, just need to keep on until it becomes habit.

Today was not a NSD :( forgot to defrost chicken so hubby bought some. At least it saves us buying some for next weeks shop.

Jobs done today :-
    Finished listing my maternity clothes for sale
    Sorted through toys, put some away in the attic for Fluff and took a load to the charity shop
    Sorted Little Mans old clothes into different sizes ready to pack away for when Fluff needs them

Jobs for tomorrow:-
    Sort through my paperwork file shredding old stuff and filing away the stuff piling up in the living room
    Clean the windows

Today's joys are:-

Little Man doing a sponsored toddle at his toddler group and then going to the park and cafe with his grandparents. He loved it and is knackered so hopefully early night

Hubby cooking tea for a change and it was yummy - peri chicken sandwich with chips and salad

Watching the brits all doing well at Wimbledon
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure