GWD Forestry Investment

Options

Comments

• krautwursta
    Options
    Dear all
    to JanSAR's question ...
    I found independent annual report of acacia prepared by UTAD (Universidade de Tr!s-os-Montes e Alto Douro) post graduate students back in 2012 under supervision of Assistant Professor Domingos Lopes.
    The guidance was provided by the following personnel: Prof. Jos! Aranha (Forest Engineering and Landscape Architecture Department Director) Prof Simone Varandas (Director of Forest Engineering Course) Marai João Gaspar (Vice-Director of Forest Engineering Course) Ricardo Gonçalves (Senior Project Manager, Greenwood Portugal) Nuno Paris (Operations Director, Greenwood Agropecuaria ltda)
    The post graduate study was the first conducted as part of the strategic partnership between the Greenwood Group and UTAD, and was meant to form the foundation of a long term relationship between the 2 partners.

At least we have some names of Portugal or Brazilian personnel of GWD. Is anyone able to verify/find new information about the trees in Brazil from these people?
  • krisdvv
    krisdvv Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 11 April 2019 at 7:04PM
    Options
    My wife died 2 years ago and I'm still sorting her affairs including financial.

I was contacted by phone the other day by CMC Holding who told me due to GWD's problems they for one have a buyer for her shares (that I have found no record of) in the 'New Brunswick Christmas Tree Project'. These shares were apparently issued by GWD for which my wife paid approx. £20k for. The mystery buyer is prepared to pay £33,250!

CMC have offices in Kowloon, Honk Kong. The GMD forestry is in Canada. For legal security until completion both parties have to deposit 10% into a secure UK bank to be nominated, this being returned upon completion, or the full 20% if the buyer defaults.

Following the deposit and papework being completed £33,250 will be deposited in my account - all this without any official completion of me having the rights to these monies, merely as I verbally informed them, that I am a Trustee of my late wifes will. Their letter heading simply says CMC Holdings, nothing else except the usual legal blurb footnote.

After reading some of the comments on here I think I'll decline this offer. But maybe others need be aware of GMD under the banner of CMC; interestingly a UK companies search shows CMC to be a London family Heating Engineering business, also offering financial management? And on LinkedIn 15 GMD employees live in Spain!
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    krisdvv wrote: »
    My wife died 2 years ago and I'm still sorting her affairs including financial.

I was contacted by phone the other day by CMC Holding who told me due to GWD's problems they for [STRIKE]one have a buyer for her shares[/STRIKE]have decided to try to rip you off (that I have found no record of) in the 'New Brunswick Christmas Tree Project'. These shares were apparently issued by GWD for which my wife paid approx. £20k for. [STRIKE]The mystery buyer is prepared to pay £33,250! [/STRIKE] they are offering up a ludicrously high price as they only want to snare really naive people to make stealing quick

CMC have offices in Kowloon, Honk Kong. The GMD forestry is in Canada. [STRIKE]For legal security [/STRIKE] to fool the prospective mark until completion both parties have to deposit 10% into a secure UK bank to be nominated, this being [STRIKE]returned upon completion[/STRIKE] stolen immediately its deposited by the mark , or the full 20% if the buyer defaults.

Following the deposit and papework being completed £33,250 will be deposited in my account -bwahahaha all this without any official completion of me having the rights to these monies, merely as I verbally informed them, that I am a Trustee of my late wifes will. Their letter heading simply says CMC Holdings, nothing else except the usual legal blurb footnote.

After reading some of the comments on here I think I'll decline this offer. THINK? THINK?! I hope thats irony. But maybe others need be aware of GMD under the banner of CMC; interestingly a UK companies search shows CMC to be a London family Heating Engineering business, also offering financial management? And on LinkedIn 15 GMD employees live in Spain!

You made quite a few typos there which I've fixed
  • Pete567
    Pete567 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    There are at least two other companies out there claiming the same and willing to 'prove it'. There can be some truth to ownership. In one of GWDForestry's last public announcement was announced an attempt to make us investors shareholders. Maybe it failed and we became direct land owners. Greenwood New Brunswick Project Ltd is claimed to have owned land and so on. Has anyone been in contact with some authorities in Canada? Any outcome?
  • krisdvv
    krisdvv Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    On declining CNC's offer to sell I asked them to send me the share certificates or anything else pertaining to ownership of said shares they are trying to sell for me; this on the basis that they must have some evidence of their existence to be able to sell them.

I've heard nothing more from them!

And bear in mind the only contact I've had with them is phone calls on an 0300 number - other than a pretty poor letter authorising them to act on my behalf. NOTHING that could be used as legal evidence.
  • Despondent_Investor
    Options
    Received phone call recently from caller claiming to be representing GWD . His message was that GWD had solved their problems and were resuming business. They claimed they could sell my Investments for me. They were disappointed that I was reluctant to sell. Following this they told me they would be billing me for maintenance. I told them that I would be happy to pay if they paid me the outstanding amount due to me which is in excess of 15000euro. Payment of maintenance is covered by my written contract with them i.e. deducted from income due to Investor on completion of harvesting.

Be carefull of these calls as I dont believe they come from GWD.
  • trope
    trope Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I dont know if somebody still reads this post but hopefuly there are. I wonder if anyone has experience with Carlton Huxley. They offer a way out for us investors but when i see their contract i feel absolutely unsure if i will benefit from joining them. So does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them ?
  • trope
    trope Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    When looking at the website of Carlton Huxley and the diffent internet info i can find about this company it does not strike me as they are a scam. But i would very much like to speak to somebody that has some info about their work in terms of solving the GWD mess. Is it worth my money to join them ?. Hopefully somebody can give some info. Thanks ahead
  • Frugio
    Frugio Posts: 6 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    HI. Got contacted by a company, Haras Investments. Anybody heard of them? Checking on different venues is they are legit. Thanks.
  • Hexane
    Hexane Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Frugio said:
    HI. Got contacted by a company, Haras Investments. Anybody heard of them? Checking on different venues is they are legit. Thanks.
    Did they offer to buy GWD assets from you?
    In February you said this: "I guess anybody offering to buy any GWD assets are scammers?"
    So you have answered your own question already.
    7.25 kWp PV system (4.1kW WSW & 3.15kW ENE), Solis inverter, myenergi eddi & harvi for energy diversion to immersion heater. myenergi hub for Virtual Power Plant demand-side response trial.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback