GWD Forestry Investment

Options

Comments

• AdamO
    Options
    Thanks for response. Has anyone reported this lot to the SFO / ActionFraud?
  • Frugio
    Options
    HI. So, so far:

Belmont Insolvency and Serex are definitely scammers. Serex have a fake licence, BTW.

Tao Feng Associates?
    CMC Holdings?

I guess anybody offering to buy any GWD assets are scammers?

Thank You.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Frugio wrote: »
    I guess anybody offering to buy any GWD assets are scammers?

Yes. Nobody wants to buy a worthless failed investment.
  • Frugio
    Options
    I wonder what they hope to get. I've already mentioned I don't intent to send more money and Tao Feng have stated in writing that they are not interested in me as investors nor to ask me to send any money. So, why wasting their time?
    According to them their commission is taken from the sale and shares into the buyers.

According to an email from GWD the land ownership was about to be transferred to us in Oct. I guess that was not done? [Sorry if you've discussed this before...I might have read it but just wanted to re-confirm].
  • tdunirl
    Options
    will be helpful to investigate if any recovery possible, let me know, Tony
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Frugio wrote: »
    I wonder what they hope to get. I've already mentioned I don't intent to send more money and Tao Feng have stated in writing that they are not interested in me as investors nor to ask me to send any money. So, why wasting their time?
    According to them their commission is taken from the sale and shares into the buyers.

That will be the case until they have you hooked, then once they have your trust they will ask for money upfront.
  • pofaced
    pofaced Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 26 February 2019 at 8:03PM
    Options
    Sorry for your loss ForestryInv. Do you know whether GWD Forestry have morphed into EcoCrops International ? They have offices in Barcelona, Saudi Arabia and Thailand. They invest in Estonian Forests, among other tree matters etc.
  • pofaced
    pofaced Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 26 February 2019 at 8:03PM
    Options
    Hi Frugio,

Do you know whether GWD Forestry have morphed into EcoCrops International ? They have offices in Barcelona, Saudi Arabia and Thailand. They invest in Estonian Forests, among other tree matters etc.
  • JanSAR
    Options
    Very much the same as I read through all posts.
    Apart of the scams (their paper work even was full of typo's, and the Tao guys even did not bother sending me their 'draft agreements' after I told them that I heard one of the GWD mgt trusted employees ran away with customer data), I also was end 2018 contacted by this 'assertive' GWD sales person (UK accent) how wanted me to invest more. He promised me (in writing - email) that the eucalyptus and black wattle and white teak would be harvested in Q1/19. They also would look for better opportunities to valorise the wood (pellets ?..)
    I said I would invest more .. with part of the return from my first investment (2010-11).
    Since then no more news. The client login on the website was removed; the phone went 'temporary' dead (Spanish auto-reply).

Does anyone have proof they ever planted anything in Brasil?...
    The reports from the Portuguese university ; I could not find back the authors in the university directories..
  • JanSAR
    Options
    .. Is there some proof of this statement?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback