Ebico RHE

Options

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Xbigman wrote: »
    But what are the unit costs and is it no standing charge? And what happens at the end of the fix, back to Zero?

I just took a look for my area. The SC for dual fuel E7 (single fuel not allowed) works out at nearly 45p/day... that's the point I lost interest ;)

But the kWh rates were 17p (day) 8.3p (night) 3p (gas) (all rounded up a bit)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So Ebico have now launched a tariff with an exit fee, tied in minimum length, and a big standing charge have they?

Once with a single charge no matter how you paid, Ebico looks very different now.

All gone a bit Animal Farm, hasn't it.

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

I predict huge price hikes on the Zero tariffs in January 2018.

The Zero tariffs become Ebico's "standard variable" equivalent and they become just like all the others with deals for some and rip everyone else off.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,091 Forumite
    Options
    Xbigman wrote: »
    I know that I will get a quarterly bill but what I don't know is the billing dates. When I've switched in the past I've ended up with a first bill that wasn't a quarter, it was whatever part of the billing cycle happened to be left when I joined.
    As I'm paid 4 weekly a change in the billing cycle means moving payments around on my spreadsheet so I'm impatient to know the details and get it all set up.

Oh for the days when there was one supplier and everything just worked.

Darren

I've just received a paper bill through the post and it is for the period 23rd March to 22nd June, so it would appear that the 3 month cycle starts from the date you switched and is not adjusted to the first day of the month.

As far as the bill goes (which was a combination of my readings and a final estimate) it was pretty much spot on.
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thats good to know. My new billing period will be pretty close to my previous.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    Neil49 wrote: »
    ...it would appear that the 3 month cycle starts from the date you switched and is not adjusted to the first day of the month.

Thanks that very useful, I emailed Ebico to ask when my first quarterly bill would be generated and when I should give a meter reading.

I got the less that useful reply of please give meeting reading on 11th month and bill will be generated XX days later. So I don't think all the RHE people understand that ebico does quarterly, in addition to monthly billing.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    I've just checked my account. I've four readings on my gas history, but only one on my electricity history. Don't know why that is because I send them both at the same time.

Ilona

PS. Just sent Ebico an email asking why.

Had an email back from them.

I'm sorry, I can't find any electricity meter readings on your account apart from the opening readings you provided for your switch.

We only actually need meter readings once every three months, when we calculate your quarterly bills. We'll remind you by letter when we need the meter readings. Your first bill will be calculated in the next couple of weeks.

I have checked, and there are no issues on your Ebico account, so any meter readings you submit in the future will show up in your history.

My reply back to them.

Ok. I send regular readings so you can build up a picture of my usage, I thought this would be useful in case you send me estimated bills. So you are saying you will always ask for readings before you calculate the bills. Sending a letter is a bit of a long winded way of going about it. Surely email would be quicker and cheaper. I will wait to hear from you then.

So, it took a week to reply to my email. They don't know why there is only one reading in my electricity history. They only want readings four times a year. I prefer to keep track of my usage more often than that. I'll see what happens next.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 3,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think Ebico need to be a bit careful. I recently switched from SSE/Ebico as my usage indicates a zero standing charge tariff. Many of their customers have a greater than normal propensity to change, so in spite of Boxer's dramatics above, they know they have to be careful about any changes.
  • trickytree1963
    Options
    Ilona wrote: »
    Had an email back from them.

I'm sorry, I can't find any electricity meter readings on your account apart from the opening readings you provided for your switch.

We only actually need meter readings once every three months, when we calculate your quarterly bills. We'll remind you by letter when we need the meter readings. Your first bill will be calculated in the next couple of weeks.

I have checked, and there are no issues on your Ebico account, so any meter readings you submit in the future will show up in your history.

My reply back to them.

Ok. I send regular readings so you can build up a picture of my usage, I thought this would be useful in case you send me estimated bills. So you are saying you will always ask for readings before you calculate the bills. Sending a letter is a bit of a long winded way of going about it. Surely email would be quicker and cheaper. I will wait to hear from you then.

So, it took a week to reply to my email. They don't know why there is only one reading in my electricity history. They only want readings four times a year. I prefer to keep track of my usage more often than that. I'll see what happens next.

Ilona

To be fair there is nothing stopping you submitting readings more regularly, just you are on quarterly billing so they will only use a reading once a quarter!
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ebico are talking rubbish. I submitted readings on the 24th April and again on the 15th June and both show up in my history. Maybe they only show your last two readings but they definitely show two and not one. Maybe the readings need to be more than a set time apart? Like 6 weeks.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    My Electric meter readings are showing on Ebico website, however I was previously a RHE customer so that maybe why it is working.

In about a week it will be 3 months since I switched to Ebico, but I've had no correspondence asking for my quarterly meter reading.

After previous hassles with Ebico or RHE agents not seeming to understand they do quarterly billing, I was very close to switching away. I didn't since Ebico were good when I previously used them, but now guessing now that was more about SSE than Ebico.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure