Ebico RHE

Options

Comments

• Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,579 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Xbigman wrote: »
    I too switched in April. I've noticed that if I put in my readings online that the electricity reading shows up immediately but the gas reading takes from a few hours to a few days to show. This time of year my gas consumption is 4 or 5 units a month so I imagine the computer thinks its too low and checks it somehow, hence the delay.

I've been wondering about billing dates so I've kept an eye on my bills page but it just says 'your next bill is being prepared'. I think that's just a generic comment that is always there.

Darren

I get 'your next bill is being prepared' and "your reading has been accepted" but it never shows.
  • Patr100
    Options
    You should get a request for a meter reading 7 days before bill generation date, reminder sent by your communication method (post/email/sms).

Think the gas meter reads are now getting extra validation from the Nexus update

Nexus update? what's that?
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Patr100 wrote: »
    I get 'your next bill is being prepared'
    You can ignore that - it's just a default.
    It's not actually being prepared; according to theitr T&Cs, you should get a bill every quarter

and "your reading has been accepted"
    Good
    That means your submission has been successful and they have your reading
    (even if they don't show it online)
    1but it never shows.

Like I said,
    footyguy wrote:
    The readings only appear online when they have been verified

They will only use verified readings for billing purposes. If you keep submitting regualr readings, hopefully some will be approved

Yes it can take weeks, even months for verification.
    All mine (apart from ones submitted today) have now been verified

(Save for one reading, but perhaps I failed to submit it correctly, or it was otherwsie not verified. But since a prior submission and a later submission now exist as verified, the missing reading is irrelevent)
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know that I will get a quarterly bill but what I don't know is the billing dates. When I've switched in the past I've ended up with a first bill that wasn't a quarter, it was whatever part of the billing cycle happened to be left when I joined.
    As I'm paid 4 weekly a change in the billing cycle means moving payments around on my spreadsheet so I'm impatient to know the details and get it all set up.

Oh for the days when there was one supplier and everything just worked. _party_

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got my first Ebico Zero RHE bill. Not overly impressed.

Supply start date 27th March. Bill received 2nd July for period up to 26th June.

1. The email wasn't just a notification of a bill, it was actually attached as a PDF. Is this entirely secure? I didn't think so, ordinary unencrypted email.

2. I moved to monthly direct debit ( rather than variable direct debit ) once I had my credit balances refunded on my old accounts. My bill covers up to 26th June, and is dated 2nd July. There is no reference on the bill to my payment on 1st July, and it claims my next payment will be 1st August. Somewhat misleading. I get that my July payment will actually be taken tomorrow (3rd July) due to working days, but for the bill to say my next payment will be 1st August is just misleading.

Anyone else got this?

Due to my supply start date if they bill exactly quarterly I'm going to get this every time.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 July 2017 at 9:33PM
    Options
    I would also love to know what other Ebico customers make of this on my bill...

Screenshot_20170702_212110.png

What on earth is Ebico Prime tariff, and why might it save me £164 per year?

Can't see any reference to Ebico Prime on their website.
  • trickytree1963
    trickytree1963 Posts: 255 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2017 at 7:20AM
    Options
    RHE have a tariff called Prime, I know if you're a low user at RHE it offers you Ebico Zero as a cheaper tariff, maybe your Gas usage means you be better off on Prime?
  • Patr100
    Options
    Stuart_W wrote: »
    I would also love to know what other Ebico customers make of this on my bill...

What on earth is Ebico Prime tariff, and why might it save me £164 per year?

Can't see any reference to Ebico Prime on their website.

I think Ebico Prime was in the last Transformers movie.

I'm still awaiting my first bill due in the next month or so.
    As I've said, I've been entering readings ( I only have Gas with them) but no records of readings show up. Yes, I can work out my usage but I liked the option to have it done for me and recorded on the account.
    I'll see how the billing process goes but cant see me staying long if their rate doesnt stay relatively cheap for me.
    We'll see.
  • trickytree1963
    Options
    https://ebico.org.uk/energy-plans/ebico-prime-fixed/

new tariff launched today

12-month fixed price
    £45 discount for online account management
    Further savings when paying by Direct Debit
    Exclusively for Dual Fuel customers
    £60 early termination fees apply

Sounds like the RHE Prime versioned for Ebico?
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But what are the unit costs and is it no standing charge? And what happens at the end of the fix, back to Zero?

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts