IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBC received from Gladstones for UKCPM PPC

Options
123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    :beer: bev-er-age! Nicely done, sir.

It's important to get your costs. The profit margins are so tight in the Gladstones business model that each win of this nature will hurt (and, of course, you were always in the right).:D

Look forward to hearing all about it in detail. Love a successful "war story":T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Gladstones and UKCPM stuffed in court again! So glad you also got costs.

Very well done!! :D

Which court and which Judge, please, and what actually nailed it for you, lack of signage?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ollie-ollie
    Options
    @BillyMorgan congratulations and looking forward to your case update here about the judge, setup etc. I know there are plenty of people that will want to read it ;)

Ollie
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 March 2018 at 3:21PM
    Options
    Despite visiting the forum recently (so will have read the requests), there is no feedback from the OP as requested by forum regulars who have given him a large amount of their own time to help him with his problem.

Hopefully it is just a break from the stress of things and a detailed reply will be forthcoming, if not, it's just very disappointing that efforts here have been taken for granted, with subsequent requests from those who helped, ignored. .
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    Good day all

My sincere apologies for this lengthy delay with the detail of how it went. A combination of holiday, issues at work and my usual "i'll do that later" kind of approach.

Anyway, here we go...

It was District Judge Sehdev who heard the case at Dudley County Court on Friday 9th March.

The Gladstone's representative, he wasn't from Gladstone's as I did ask him, just said he was instructed by them, was a Mr Porter. He had never been to this Court before he did say.

When we first went into the room and sat before Judge Sehdev I sat quietly while the Judge gave Mr Porter quite a rough time about why he did not have "the bundle", he also noted that some of the pages in the claimant's witness statement were not fully legible due to poor scanning. Mr Porter's attempts to say that it could be read enough to be understood were shot down quickly and harshly by Judge Sehdev!!

We were asked to go back to the waiting room while the Judge looked for an email from Gladstone's (I assume) about "The bundle"...when we went back in it was apparent that they had emailed this bundle to the court and it had not cleared firewalls etc so there was no copy. Email has never been an accepted way of delivering the bundle said the judge and he was clearly very annoyed with this. More heated discussion followed and the Judge giving Mr Porter a hard time about this before accepting his copy of the bundle and we began.

What won it for me, oddly enough was the fact that the claimant's photographs of the alleged contravention were single timeframe. When asked by the Judge (I was unprepared for this as until now had not admitted at any stage to being the driver) did I visit the car park and how long did I stay I told him what happened. I got a hard time in the cross examining by Mr Porter as to why this was the first time I had made mention of this version of events etc.

It was a bit of a blur and in the Judge's summary he noted that the time was only 16:00 and that did not show the vehicle was 'parked' for any period of time.

Again, everyone, especially all who have posted on this thread, apologies for the delay.

Any questions fire away...

Billy
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Well done!

Interesting one, and rare for the Judge to be so clueless (unfair IMHO) as to expect a registered keeper who is partly relying on the POFA, to have to answer to whether they were the driver. Why should a litigant in person be put on the spot like that?

Were all their photos timestamped at the same second then?! Photo-shopped with a timing added later by an idiot, then?
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    Yes Coupon, if you have a little peruse back at my witness statement you'll see the original PCN with just the 2 photos from the claimant from different angles both of which say 16:00

Interestingly the claimant has not yet paid my costs and i'm sure the Judge said within 2 weeks?...
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I would send them a reminder and if no payment, inform the Court.
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    The email i had from Gladstones from 'Amber' their litigation assistant asked for my bank details, which i promptly provided. I've just emailed them back to ask when it will be paid. And if no response i shall contact the court.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure