IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBC received from Gladstones for UKCPM PPC

Options

Comments

• BillyMorgan009
    Options
    Afternoon all

I've received UK CPMs witness statement courtesy of Gladstones.

Sadly having put my letter from the Court in a drawer it is receipt of this which has spurred me into action...i must submit my witness statement by tomorrow! :-(

So just having a mad panic and aim to get it in the post special D this afternoon. alternatively if i can hand deliver to the court and Gladstones that'll give me this evening to work on it too.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i must submit my witness statement by tomorrow! :-(

Split the problem into two. Put your take on the matter plus supporting evidence into your WS and leave the legal stuff out as that is the bit that takes time. Get that off to the court and the other side

Then post up their WS and the people here will help you do the legal stuff in a Skeleton Argument and help you with a costs schedule too which should go to the court no later than 3 days prior to a hearing.

Saves a panic and allows you to take a clear view of the facts of the matter.
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    okie dokie. Special D should be fine as long as i'm in the post by 16:30 today.

I have my photgraphs and a google street view to include as exhibits. I will also intend to rely on a video or two, how do i include this, just make mention of it? The judgements eg Jopson and the Bull one which are relevant to my case do i need to exhibit the entire judgements or can they be left out until the skeleton argument?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Conventional advice on here is NOT to use special delivery, since if it is not signed for by the Claimant it won't be delivered. You may wish to consider hand delivery or fax before 4.30pm on the last day.

Video can be exhibited to a statement on a CD-R attached in an envelope to the witness statement. Alternatively, you could email a copy to the Claimant if they are willing. I suggest that (i) this is an adjunct not a replacement for photos, (ii) you come prepared to play the video on your laptop/ipad and don't expect the Court to have viewed it, and (iii) you keep the video files as short as possible.

Reported judgments need only mention in the documents. When you lodge your bundle at Court for trial, you can stick in the whole judgments if appropriate. Were you so inclined, I would add that it is unlikely to be necessary to include the full Beavis judgment (in any parking case) because it is easily accessible to all parties and the Court and 90% of the judgment considers matters which will be irrelevant to the facts.
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    I have posted Special D to Gladstones and if I don't get confirmation on the tracking that it has been signed for by 1000 then i'll be heading there to hand deliver.

I'm hand delivering the copy to the Court as it's local.

How should I post UKCPM's Witness Statement onto the thread?

Cheers
    Ben
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A dropbox link is good, everyone can normally access it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    Afternoon all

Lastminutedotcom strikes again here i'm afraid.

Anyway, just about to upload their witness statement and mine to a Dropbox link. What, if anything, should I obscure from view before uploading it?

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just your personal details and VRN, I would say, as you would with any data online (so we can't see it!).

At court stage there's nothing to hide from prying eyes for the Claimant, because they will see everything anyway.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 February 2018 at 6:28PM
    Options
    Probably best you remove those dropbox links.

They are riddled with all sorts of your personal information - your full name, your PCN number, DRP ref no, your court claim number, etc.

All that stuff, when linked with this thread, is fantastic ammunition for the PPC.

As you have also used your real name as your forum username, you are strongly advised to ask MSE to change your username to something anonymous.
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    Thanks Keith, have deleted.

Shall I re-post with my name and all reference numbers obscured?

Also I will get my username changed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport