IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBC received from Gladstones for UKCPM PPC

Options

Comments

• BillyMorgan009
    Options
    Thanks Johnersh.

When do I have to submit this to the court? And to the claimant I presume also?

With regards to the layout, I just do the statement of truth stuff, sign and date and number the pages like with the initial witness statement?

Billy
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A skelly is optional, so no "have to".
    However normally this is submitted 3 days beforehand, ALONGISDE your costs schedule. Always to both other parties - court and C

As this is merely an argument I dont believe it needs a statement of truth. Numbered para ALWAYS helps you.
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    Nosferatu many thanks. Is there a template for the costs summary?

Given court date is Friday and I guess I'll have to get the stuff in the post / hand deliver to the court, tomorrow. Do I just title it 'skeleten arguement'?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a template for the costs summary?
    Yes there is, and as you might've guessed it's in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread - towards the bottom of that post.
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    KeithP...i should know better thsn to go asking before checking the newbies thread lol
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    Skelly and costs submitted. What do I need to do before the big day on Friday now?
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    URGENT!

in the court waiting room now. Claimant's solicitor just showed me a copy of the original PCN which claimant has failed to include in witness bundle. They've only put in the one to the hire company and then the trans of liability docs.

He wants to admit it. Will I get to refuse and could this be enough to request the claim is struck out?

Thanks
    Billy
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    DO NOT accept it from them now
    Object to it being included.
    No it is not enough to get it struck out. WHen you say original PCN, was this a windscreen PCN?
  • BillyMorgan009
    Options
    Well....I won! Can't quite believe it! Off for a swift beverage in celebration.

An interesting observation...as a lay person it was obvious to me how inept Gladstone's really are. The judge didn't have the claimant's trial bundle...this was because they'd emailed it to the court not sent a written copy. The judge was not a happy man about this and I sat quietly whilst he engaged in a few stern words with the claimant's representative. He'd also noted, as did i, on receipt, that pages 3&4 of the claimant's witness statement were scanned badly and bits cut off...again he was not impressed.

Anyway, pub calls. :-)

To every single poster on my thread and other contributers to the parking fines forum board I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and my wallet...which save being a few hundred pounds lighter will be inflated by £104.90 costs awarded to me :-D
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Well done!
    Can you post a detailed run down - judge name,anything interesitng you saw, who the rep was and from where - probably not Gladstones themselves!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure