IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC/Debt Recovery plus

Options
1235»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There's no way a debt collector wants to pass a file back to their client, because that means they've failed and they'll therefore collect no wages! That's the score with 'no win, no [STRIKE]fee[/STRIKE] wonga' contracts.

Tough love!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hineyb
    hineyb Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Reply from the landowner... Lets see what he comes back with... I told him the details and how bad UKPC have dealt with it, am i right in saying the landowners have the power to cancel them?

I am sorry to hear you have had a ticket placed on your vehicle whilst on site in hemel, could you please send me a copy and details of the ticket to my email and I will see what I can do in response for you.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew David Poole
    Assistant Facilities Manager
    JLL
    Peoplebuilding Hemel
    Maylands Avenue | Hemel Hempstead HP2 4NW
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Whoever contracted with UKPC will have some cancellation rights and options.

As you say, let's see what he comes back with. At least you haven't had a blunt knock-back.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• hineyb
    Options
    Hey all,

Good news, I had an email from someone at the gym where my friend had parked saying 'The landowner said this has now been sorted, can you please confirm if not, ill chase it again?'

so i went to view status of the ticket on UKPC website and it said this ticket has been cancelled,

So i don't exactly know where we won, but we won all the same!

For others reading to summarize, I contacted UKPC, UKPC complaints, BPA, DVLA, Trading standards and the landowner. my guess is that we won it with the landowner, but could have been a mixture of all of them.

To everyone who posted with advice thanks very much, my/our 100% win record continues!!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hineyb wrote: »
    Hey all,

Good news, I had an email from someone at the gym where my friend had parked saying 'The landowner said this has now been sorted, can you please confirm if not, ill chase it again?'

so i went to view status of the ticket on UKPC website and it said this ticket has been cancelled,

So i don't exactly know where we won, but we won all the same!

For others reading to summarize, I contacted UKPC, UKPC complaints, BPA, DVLA, Trading standards and the landowner. my guess is that we won it with the landowner, but could have been a mixture of all of them.

To everyone who posted with advice thanks very much, my/our 100% win record continues!!

Brilliant, who knows but probably the landowner who saw sense

Foolish landowner for taking on UKPC
  • hineyb
    Options
    Just received this from the BPA!

BPA-11652

Good morning,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into your enquiry.

We have contacted the operator who have advised that your initial appeal was received on 13th March 2017. The operator have advised that due to staff error, it was not responded to. The operator has stated that a further appeal was received on 24th April 2017, and this was rejected on 17th May 2017 (see attached). The operator has stated that a POPLA code was provided in their appeal rejection letter.

The operator has advised that as a gesture of goodwill, due to the oversight in your initial appeal not being processed correctly, they have now cancelled this Parking Charge Notice.

We trust this resolves your enquiry and will now close this case.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Yours Sincerely,

Thomas Briody
    AOS Investigations Team
    British Parking Association
    Email: aos@britishparking.co.uk
    Web: https://www.britishparking.co.uk
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    well done .... makes you wonder if UKPC have a computer
    system operating or do they just rely on dodgy staff
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Why not send him something back and ask if BPA sanctions will now be applied to UKPC. After all, if a motorist makes a slight error in a UKPC car park they are penalised, so shouldn't a PPC error be similarly 'penalised' by the BPA.

Live by the sword .............!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport