IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC/Debt Recovery plus

Options
hineyb
hineyb Posts: 87 Forumite
edited 18 July 2017 at 9:15AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi Guys,

Been a while since i been in here as i have won all of them easily since taking all your advice, but now ive got to one where something odd has happened, maybe a new approach from UKPC, They are basically ignoring my appeals, so i sent an appeal once the NTK came through, and it was done online, received receipt of them receiving it, then heard nothing, checked my appeal on ukpc website and it said nothing like i hadnt appealed, so i sent an appeal again saying i sent an appeal and havent heard from you, on this basis i assume you have accepted your error an cancelled the ticket, thanks.

Didnt hear anything (its for a friend) he messaged me and said what happened with that ticket, so i checked on ukpc site and it now says its with debt recovery plus!?

Can they do this without sending a popla number!?

Im confused as to what they are doing now? this hasnt happened to be before

Anyone else had similar?

Cheers guys!

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hineyb wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Been a while since i been in here as i have won all of them easily since taken all your advice, but now ive got to one where something odd has happened, maybe a new approach from UKPC, They are basically ignoring my appeals, so i sent an appeal once the NTK came through, and it was done online, received receipt of them receiving it, then heard nothing, checked my appeal on ukpc website and it said nothing like i hadnt appealed, so i sent an appeal again saying i sent an appeal and havent heard from you, on this basis i assume you have accepted your error an cancelled the ticket, thanks.

Didnt hear anything (its for a friend) he messaged me and said what happened with that ticket, so i checked on ukpc site and it now says its with debt recovery plus!?

Can they do this without sending a popla number!?

Im confused as to what they are doing now? this hasnt happened to be before

Anyone else had similar?

Cheers guys!

They must comply with the BPA and so a complaint to the BPA
    about this is vital as you have been denied the right to appeal
    Also copy in the DVLA,

As far as DRP are concerned, YOU IGNORE THEM COMPLETELY,
    they are complete timewasters with ZERO power

BPA aos@britishparking.co.uk
    DVLA david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

UKPC are well known to the DVLA for faking pictures
  • hineyb
    Options
    Cheers Beamer, Will keep you updated :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,793 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly complain by email to UKPC and tell them you are reporting them to the BPA and DVLA, as well as Trading Standards, for not supplying a POPLA code:

appealmoreinfo@ukparkingcontrol.com

You have to complain - not submit another appeal - to UKPC first, or the BPA will fob you off (they will anyway, because they are the BPA).

How proud their employees must be, of their *work* - Haywards Heath's finest.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hineyb
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-Mad, Ive sent that off to UKPC, how long shall i give it before i complain to BPA DVLA and TS?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Today would be a good time to do it.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-Mad, Ive sent that off to UKPC, how long shall i give it before i complain to BPA DVLA and TS?

don't delay, the early bird gets the worm and you are dealing
    with worms here
  • hineyb
    Options
    So this is my letter to DVLA, BPA and TS. Obviously pictures are attached too.. anything else i should add?

Hi, I am writing to you to complain about the service I have received from UKPC,

I received an unlawful fine from them on 24/01/2017 see letter below

As you can see i received this letter on the 28th February 2017, I then sent an appeal on 13th march 2017, as you can see below they emailed me to confirm receipt of this...

I didnt hear anything back until i received a final reminder from them on 18th April 2017, so i again sent another appeal on the site, although i already received confirmation that they had received my first appeal, and again i heard nothing back until 26th June 2017 - a letter from DRP - who are recovering the debt from UKPC? I still to this day havent received a POPLA code from them or any reply regarding my appeals,

Anything else i need to add or say?
  • hineyb
    Options
    Also should i copy in UKPC?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Also should i copy in UKPC?

You have already done that to no avail so now let the BPA, DVLA and TS contact them.

This is not about how unlawful the ticket was, this is all about UKPC not following the BPA code of practice and given NO opportunity to appeal to POPLA which is your right

Also, as its not a fine, just a mere invoice so change
    "unlawful fine" to "charge or invoice"
  • hineyb
    Options
    Ok, shall i add a line at the end like

'They have clearly not followed the BPA code of practice and havent given me my right to appeal through them or through an independent source' ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure