IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC/Debt Recovery plus

Options

Comments

• hineyb
    hineyb Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Also, What kind of response am i expecting from them? shall i put them all in one email or make 3 separate emails and send individually?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hineyb wrote: »
    Ok, shall i add a line at the end like

'They have clearly not followed the BPA code of practice and havent given me my right to appeal through them or through an independent source' ?

probably 3 separate emails

You need to get tougher

COMPLAINT REGARDING UKPC
    "I have been denied my right to appeal as despite advising UKPC
    I have not received a POPLA code, UKPC have ignored me and passed to debt collectors. This requires a full investigation

Copies of this complaint have been sent to the BPA and
    Trading Standards and DVLA
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 July 2017 at 5:10PM
    Options
    hineyb wrote: »
    Also, What kind of response am i expecting from them? shall i put them all in one email or make 3 separate emails and send individually?

Responses ....

Who knows but if their answer does not satisfy you, you complain again

The job of Trading Standards is to protect the public against rogue
    traders like UKPC.

The BPA, their attitude is protect the rogue traders who are their members

As the DVLA has already suspended UKPC BEFOREr for 3 months
    because they faked pictures, they may well do something

One must never forget that this is a scammers industry approved by Mrs May and her government but who knows as Mrs May
    is queen of U-TURNS
  • hineyb
    Options
    Sent to all three, lets see what they come back with. Thanks for help guys!
  • hineyb
    Options
    Reply from DVLA

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, it is not in DVLA’s remit to become involved in issues regarding the appeals process as this is a matter for the accredited trade association (BPA) to investigate.

I note you have sent a copy of this issue to the BPA therefore I would advise awaiting their response. If you have not already done so, you can contact the BPA via email at aos@britishparking.co.uk

I apologise that DVLA cannot assist any further at this time.

Kind regards

David Dunford
    Data Sharing Strategy & Compliance
    Strategy, Policy & Communications Directorate | D16 | DVLA | Swansea | SA99 1DY
    Twitter: @dvlagovuk
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    See how the BPA responds. If it's a general (and now customary) fob-off line, then you might reawaken David Dunford and ask for his further involvement.

But let's see the BPA reply first.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hineyb
    Options
    I mean this might not have ever happened... but... what do i do if BPA ignore me, and UKPC ignore me and these debt collectors keep sending letters? and then they take me to court for not paying? is it too late for UKPC to take me to court now they have passed it on or? ive never had a parking company ignore my appeal???
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is very likely the BPA and UKPC will ignore you - As a trade body, the BPA only really exists to give a veneer of respectability yo the private parking industry and has next to no interest in the victims off their members.

However, that does not change the fact that DRP cannot take you to court under any circumstances.

So just enjoy the ever more hysterical letters.
  • hineyb
    Options
    No reply from either BPA of UKPC?

Any ideas on where to go or what to do next!?

These people are laughable!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2017 at 9:48AM
    Options
    Read up the newbies faq thread near the top of the page.

Your friend is in the debt collecting stage - during which they have up to 6 years to commence legal action.

See http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663 about ignoring drp

He can keep complaining but don't expect too much as #19
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport