IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones solicitors - court threat

Options

Comments

• y2121pc
    y2121pc Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Also I don't know whether anything is affected by the fact that there was no fine confirmation left on my car? They just took a photo and sent a letter.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No mileage in that.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    y2121pc wrote: »
    I have only just seen some of these replies. I responded to Gladstone disputing the fine and they did not come back to me. I have now received the claim form. Are they allowed to just send that without responding to my letter first?
    Yes, you need to read a few dozen other Gladstones defence threads and learn. You should have been expecting this claim.

Posters who say they have 'only just seen the replies' on their thread, worry me; are you really not sticking around and returning regularly, and reading and preparing to defend this now? Just relying upon (maybe) an email alert - that doesn't come with this forum unless you set your 'User CP' options up that way - is not the way forward.

You need to spend time here and read up on similar cases - it IS worth fighting. We win over 99% of the time with court defences.

Earlier on would have been the ideal time to have read the NEWBIES thread post #2 and been ready with a draft defence and know how to do the AOS, in advance, when not stressed by a claim form. Now you are playing catch up.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • y2121pc
    y2121pc Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Ok coupon-mad. I had read the replies that came through straight away which answered my questions and went from there. Didn't come back in as I didn't realise I needed to, apologies for having a life outside of this forum.
    Thank you for your expertise and help.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You need to dial down your sarcasim a notch. You will get excellent help here (I won my case, following advice here) from people who also have a life.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    apologies for having a life outside of this forum.

Me too, so do I, don't we all!

But as bargeole always says, people with a claim form (and it was obvious you WOULD get one) need to live and breathe the defence until it is done, then live and breathe their preparation for the hearing, and win. Everything else temporarily goes on the back burner.

You are now playing catch up and need to do the AOS and the draft defence, as explained in the NEWBIES thread. We will then comment on the draft and help you more, we want you to win but it takes work on your part. It is worth it though!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 123Messiah
    123Messiah Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2017 at 1:38PM
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new here and wanted a bit of advice.
    I normally park at my sisters with her visitors pass and everything is fine.
    In the past years I've forgotten to display or even parked in other spots where I had got a 'parking charge' and then letters from the parking people which I had ignored and nothing ever comes of it.
    Recently I had done the same but now have got a Gladstone's solicitors letter, which I've never got before. I'm quite happy to rip up and ignore but after reading some posts about getting taken to court I would like to know the best way to get out of this..... Should I use the template I've seen before - to deny being the owner of the vehicle at the time.?

Any help would be great.

Kindest regards
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Should I use the template I've seen before - to deny being the owner of the vehicle at the time.?
    Not if you are the owner.

Suggest you read the newbies thread. It includes essential advice - like starting your own thread rather than confusing your case with advice given in relation to that of the o/p

If it's a letter of claim that you have, I suggest you don't ignore that either.

AND
    you're not the Messiah, you're a very naughty boy!
  • RustyRascal
    RustyRascal Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2017 at 3:11PM
    Options
    123Messiah wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm new here and wanted a bit of advice.
    I normally park at my sisters with her visitors pass and everything is fine.
    In the past years I've forgotten to display or even parked in other spots where I had got a 'parking charge' and then letters from the parking people which I had ignored and nothing ever comes of it.
    Recently I had done the same but now have got a Gladstone's solicitors letter, which I've never got before. I'm quite happy to rip up and ignore but after reading some posts about getting taken to court I would like to know the best way to get out of this..... Should I use the template I've seen before - to deny being the owner of the vehicle at the time.?

Any help would be great.

Kindest regards

123Messiah,

Thought i would get in here before one of the grumpy lot jump down your throat! (Clearly Johnersh isn't one of them :) )

You will 100% get amazing help here with your question, but don't hijack someone elses thread to ask for it. You would be best off starting your own thread.

Some people here take real exception to "newbies" making mistakes like this, but they will definitely be able to help you out....

Good luck
  • Ricky_R2D2
    Options
    Please help. I cannot find the newbies thread. I am looking for the court defence thread. I must reply by Wednesday . I have had 2 tragedies in the family in recent mo this and I’m in a bit of a mess.

PLEASE HELP!!::beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure