IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ, Addresses, parking eye and more advise needed please

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Nanchild
    Nanchild Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Nanchild wrote: »
    But i thought i still needed some evidence to show its not just a 'credit repair' show?
    !!!!!!, thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    11. I Have moved promptly to resolve this issues as soon as I discovered it, this is not a case of intentionally ignoring court papers. I was never served with any court papers and would have defended the matter vigorously, if i had.

12. If we had known about the parking charge, since we were customers of the retail park it is now apparent after research that we could have had it cancelled immediately, under a hidden/secret clause in ParkingEye contracts with their clients - a retailer cancellation option that is not communicated to consumers at all. This - and the use of an old address with no attempt to trace me before issuing a claim - is indicative of unfair business practices and the matter can be fully distinguished from the ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis case.

13. According to publicly available information my circumstances with a parking operator are far from unique. The industry’s persistent failure to use correct and current addresses results is an unnecessary burden for individuals and the justice system across the country. This is a topical issue: I note that the Justice Minister The Rt Hon Sir Oliver Heald QC MP announced on the 23rd December 2016 a consultation and information campaign to help protect consumers from debt claims and parking firms were singled out in the press release. The consultation will look at ways to; “better protect consumers who are sent mail to inaccurate addresses and verify addresses again before a claim is sent.” The Minister added that “In the digital age, we must ensure companies pursuing unpaid debts make every reasonable effort to contact individuals, rather than simply relying on a letter to an old address.”

14. On the basis provided above I would suggest that the Claimant paid no regard to fairness and transparency and applied no due diligence in ascertaining the Defendant’s correct address before bringing the claim, giving me no opportunity to defend it.

15. Given the above facts and the attached signed consent from the Claimant, I ask the Court to exercise its discretion in setting this judgment aside.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Nanchild
    Options
    Thank you CM I will put that in too, looks great. Does anyone know if you can send a cheque into the Northampton CCBC, can't get through to them on the phone today.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 14 July 2017 at 12:38PM
    Options
    Yes you can send them a cheque, and could include a covering note with your mobile number in case of queries about the payment or your application. Their phone lines are very busy!
  • Nanchild
    Options
    I guess I address the cheque to Northampton County court business center? Good idea with the note!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I would guess so, but that's partly why the note is a good idea. They could always call you and say 'this is wrong but pay us over the phone by card' and/or discuss anything that's unclear.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nanchild wrote: »
    But i thought i still needed some evidence to show its not just a 'credit repair' show?
    Not really if you are getting a set aside by consent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure