IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ, Addresses, parking eye and more advise needed please

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 June 2017 at 12:16PM
    Options
    driver bit irrelevant.
    Unless they didn't comply with the POFA in the PCN - ask them for a copy but don't tell them why:

enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

Also ask for a copy of the court claim form, it will help you see what's what.

I actually got a ticket the other week that I paid straight away, would that count in my favour?

Oh dear, why pay a private parking firm at PCN stage? It's nothing to do whether you overstayed or not, as far as simply winning on appeal is concerned. We win almost all appeals, they are fairly easy.

Waiting for a response from Lidl, but if they back me would that be enough?

Nope, not for a court defence. Read the NEWBIES thread (post #2, not #1 which is about appeals) all about defences and setting aside a judgment.

And Lidl are not the ones who contracted ParkingEye anyway the retail site landowner/agent did.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Nanchild
    Nanchild Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    this was a proper council issued ticket. Are we basically saying that theres not a good chance of this happening?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You promptly paying your council fine is irrelevant. Don't mention it!
  • Quentin
    Options
    Nanchild wrote: »
    ...... Are we basically saying that theres not a good chance of this happening?

No.

See the newbies FAQ thread as advised in #22

(Getting the set aside will enable you to have the ccj removed from the register and your credit record if that is otherwise clean this could be worthwhile on its own!)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Are we basically saying that theres not a good chance of this happening?

The set aside? No, you should get the CCJ set aside but still then have the task of defending, or paying PE off.

Please read the defence and 'set aside' guidance (lots of info - you need to understand it!) in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQS thread - no link, my signature below every post I make tells people where to click.
  • Nanchild
    Options
    is paying them the quickest route, id hate to do it but i have a pending mortgage application...
  • Quentin
    Options
    is paying them the quickest route, id hate to do it but i have a pending mortgage application...
    Paying them will end it immediately.

But the CCJ remains on your record (you would be able to get it marked paid) for 6 years from the date of issue. Most lenders don't like CCJs - even after you have paid them!!

The only way to ensure your credit status is free of a CCJ stigma is to get it set aside
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Unless you are paying it off within 30 days of the CCJ, the CCJ remains, as Quentin says (marked 'satisfied' if you pay, but that is NOT good for your credit and stays there for 6 years).

It's there waiting to scupper your mortgage. Set aside is the only way to remove it/wipe it and start again, IF it's more than 30 days ago.
  • Nanchild
    Options
    OK, i will have to ask them for all the correspondence they have sent me then and go from there? do they have to give me this information? what if they decline? any idea on time frames? i imagine they drag it out as much as possible...
  • Quentin
    Options
    OK, i will have to ask them for all the correspondence they have sent me then and go from there? do they have to give me this information? what if they decline? any idea on time frames? i imagine they drag it out as much as possible...
    see #19 - Herzlos gave you a plan of action!

(You do need to apply for your set aside as soon as possible after discovering the default ccj on your record)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure