IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ, Addresses, parking eye and more advise needed please

Options

Comments

• nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Well.... The sum paid is that ordered by the court. And we don't know whether or not the claimant has asked for it to be marked satisfied.

Though not much point paying it and not doing so!
    If the OP really wants to clean up their credit report then the only option is to write off the money that his girlfriend paid then pay £255 to get the judgment set aside.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Won't it be less than that, a non-contested set aside used to be £100 didn't it?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    If the OP really wants to clean up their credit report then the only option is to write off the money that his girlfriend paid then pay £255 to get the judgment set aside.
    Well......as already posted being successful at a set aside hearing cannot be guaranteed now that the CCJ has been paid off (Judges are known to view this sort of thing as a "credit repair" arrangement and frown on it)

Much better to try to get this done by consent (ie no hearing, no £255 to pay, all done by way of both sides sending solicitors correspondence and hopefully getting it rubber stamped by court officials - if the claimant co-operates!)

And just £100 to pay!
  • Nanchild
    Nanchild Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, so ParkingEye signed the order ��. What's the process for applying for set aside by consent, obviously I need to send in the signed order but what else do I need to do?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Isn't it set out in the NEWBIES thread, post #2, where I link to a post by IamEmanresu?
  • Nanchild
    Options
    Sorry I'm just scared I'm going to get this wrong and fail. I've got a guy going to the car park tomorrow to take some photos. I can also see from Google maps that there are no entrance signs which is mentioned in the newbies bit. When I have something together would someone take a look at it please?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes, we will. The regulars here will advise you.

In the meantime, why not Google 'set aside with consent' and read the English courts webpages about what is needed?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Nanchild wrote: »
    Sorry I'm just scared I'm going to get this wrong and fail. I've got a guy going to the car park tomorrow to take some photos. I can also see from Google maps that there are no entrance signs which is mentioned in the newbies bit. When I have something together would someone take a look at it please?

If you are intending to apply for a set aside by consent then why are you still getting evidence for a defence??
  • Nanchild
    Options
    But i thought i still needed some evidence to show its not just a 'credit repair' show?
  • Nanchild
    Options
    The guy emailed me the photos today, a lot of the photo show the signs very high up, in-between trees, poor angle for viewing and no entrance sign etc. Do you think I should include these in the set aside application, Quentin has questioned why I'm gathering evidence but others has suggested I need more than just their consent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure