ONE tip for Newbies from Old Hands

Options

Comments

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    BlueBella wrote: »
    You need to win a fish slice - it is like a wand to a comper - wave it with pride! (you can always use it for swatting flies, slapping thighs or patting sandcastles if you don't eat fish!)

Also a silentNight Hippo and duck, I'm still trying.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    Advent competitions- make a choice between comping or enjoying the festive season! So many competitions, not enough hours in the day!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Blueyez wrote: »

Don't forget Toblerone as well.

Be Lucky :)
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Blueyez wrote: »

I want one of those too! So much cuter than that 'Cushella Koala' which many compers won a while back! :eek:
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Always answer the phone in an upbeat POLITE manner! You never know who it could be.

(I had been rowing with hubby over which takeaway we were having and thought it was him trying to convince me to move my subway preference to kfc so I snapped as I answered phone NO FINGER LICKIN......it was a company telling me I won a camera.....cringe)
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Got one :D

My tip:

HOLIDAY COMPS: Read the T&Cs! Don't enter for one if you've used up all this year's holiday and it has to be used by the end of Dec. Don't enter if it's for a family but the T&Cs state 'can't be used in school hols' and you can't take them out of school. Check it includes flights, a hotel, and whatever else might be essential to you. Don't presume they will let you add a person/child. Check not for one person! Don't enter for one you don't want to win then go 'oh no, I didn't actually expect to win that trekking holiday to Outer Mongolia...'

Good luck :)

And don't expect sympathy if you win a prize that didn't include flights or that you can't go to because actually you are doing something else. You should have read the T&Cs.

Also don't expect sympathy if you can't go to an event that is say in London because you live in John O'Groats and it's too far. Did you move between entering and winning?
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,045 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't cheat.
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Accept that you will become a habitual liar every time you tick that box, "I have read the T&Cs." LOL!
    Comping time is far too short so I tend to rely on OPs or folk like WeeOwen who post anything relevant in the T&Cs on the thread
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,216 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bumping for New Newbies
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Enter local competitions. Generally speaking, there are far fewer entrants, so your chances are better. Also, it tends to be for local events, theatres etc, so a win can mean a cheap/free day/evening out! :)

ie, local newspaper competitions.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family