Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

The Nice People Thread, No.16: A Universe of Niceness.

Options

Comments

• GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I like marmite AND mushrooms :)
    #

Together, or separately?
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aaargghh dear Lydia, too knackered to acknowledge your birthday! :o Only excuse is a surfeit of dear GrandKids and Kids over the last couple of weeks - great fun, but tiring...

Anyway, belated best wishes and hopes your personal New Year is full of fun and fulfillment and that Life treats you kindly. Cyber hugs from Bwlchtocyn, where it's currently VERY wet! ;)

I like marmite AND mushrooms :)
    #

You're my kind of person then! :beer:

Breakfast = chunky peanut butter on toast, then scrape of marmite over...

Suspect many Nice People (including your good self) will not be happy with that!

Welcome! :)
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    Together, or separately?

Interestingly, they can be quite similar on the palate. Not in term of taste but in terms of umaminess.:D

Mind you, marmite is made from yeast, which is also classified as fungus, so I suppose it's not surprising, really!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I dislike the thought of mushrooms ...and marmite's too eugh/tangy for me. Nasty stuff.

I don't mind a bit of tiny mushroom when found in a chicken/mushroom pie... but if there were whole ones I'd pick them out.
  • chris_m
    chris_m Posts: 8,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I love mushrooms, hate marmite.
    ukmaggie45 wrote: »

Interesting, Dad used to have the same, but the other way up - marmite on first, then the peanut butter.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,080 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do NP like to watch movies more than once? I am of the 'I've seen it now I want to watch something new' persasuion and just assumed everyone would be like this but my kids even now they are older are much happier choosing something they have seen before than trying something new. I can't ever remember being like this but then it is a long time since I was young.....
    I think....
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    GDB2222 wrote: »
    Together, or separately?

Probably both....mushrooms with a bit of marmite cheesy potato mash....beautiful :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Aaargghh dear Lydia, too knackered to acknowledge your birthday! :o Only excuse is a surfeit of dear GrandKids and Kids over the last couple of weeks - great fun, but tiring...

Anyway, belated best wishes and hopes your personal New Year is full of fun and fulfillment and that Life treats you kindly. Cyber hugs from Bwlchtocyn, where it's currently VERY wet! ;)

You're my kind of person then! :beer:

Suspect many Nice People (including your good self) will not be happy with that!

Welcome! :)
    Can I very nicely say that I hate peanut butter?
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • LydiaJ
    LydiaJ Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Can I be a Nice Person? I think I am usually Nice. I live in Outer Herts x

Welcome! I like your sig. Do tell us a bit more about yourself, and what led you to the obscure corner of the world that is the NPT :hello:

Apologies not necessary and birthday wishes gratefully accepted from all NP who have posted them. :)
    Do you know anyone who's bereaved? Point them to https://www.AtaLoss.org which does for bereavement support what MSE does for financial services, providing links to support organisations relevant to the circumstances of the loss & the local area. (Link permitted by forum team)
    Tyre performance in the wet deteriorates rapidly below about 3mm tread - change yours when they get dangerous, not just when they are nearly illegal (1.6mm).
    Oh, and wear your seatbelt. My kids are only alive because they were wearing theirs when somebody else was driving in wet weather with worn tyres.
    :)
  • LydiaJ
    LydiaJ Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Do NP like to watch movies more than once? I am of the 'I've seen it now I want to watch something new' persasuion and just assumed everyone would be like this but my kids even now they are older are much happier choosing something they have seen before than trying something new. I can't ever remember being like this but then it is a long time since I was young.....

I like both old and new, if they're really good movies.
    Do you know anyone who's bereaved? Point them to https://www.AtaLoss.org which does for bereavement support what MSE does for financial services, providing links to support organisations relevant to the circumstances of the loss & the local area. (Link permitted by forum team)
    Tyre performance in the wet deteriorates rapidly below about 3mm tread - change yours when they get dangerous, not just when they are nearly illegal (1.6mm).
    Oh, and wear your seatbelt. My kids are only alive because they were wearing theirs when somebody else was driving in wet weather with worn tyres.
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport