Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

Comments

• johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    darren72 wrote: »
    I know have access to my online account, but cannot see where to order the card reader and card ?

Can anyone who has done this please confirm ?

Thanks in advance

Need to call them!
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I didn't it was a click on the website!
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    roddydogs wrote: »
    I didn't it was a click on the website!

Can you remember where ?

Thanks
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,618
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    From the main screen, it's under "Security" (8th down on the left hand side); then under "Using a card-reader" (2nd heading from the top) there is a link "Order a card-reader".
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    miller wrote: »
    From the main screen, it's under "Security" (8th down on the left hand side); then under "Using a card-reader" (2nd heading from the top) there is a link "Order a card-reader".

Thanks! - Got it.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    You can give instructions to close a savings account online. I have done this before. They take a few working days to do it.
    I was tidying my accounts three months ago and tried to close a current account by contacting them online three months ago but was refused. They stated it was by post or at branch.
    As ever, the detail is in the Ts & Cs (linked above).

Their default position on this is given in 7.2.1(a):
    You inform us in writing that you wish to close your account. We may allow you to close your account over the phone. If you notify us by telephone, we may ask you to confirm any notice in writing
    but this can be overridden by account-specific conditions ("If an Account Specific Condition is inconsistent with any General Condition, the Account Specific Condition will apply"). It is overridden for their eSavings account (as above) but not current accounts....
  • richy4
    richy4 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Is it a soft credit check just for ID purposes to open this account?

I'd like to open one for a couple of months to keep my mortgage deposit, however obviously do not want any random hard checks before my application or around it!
  • daddy_bro
    daddy_bro Posts: 42
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've worked on the Ulster bank IT systems for a few years and it is pretty antiquated so I'm not surprised at the long waits some are facing. They are trying to update their IT but have a long way to go.
    I am surprised though at the long waits on the phone some are facing as anytime I was in their call centres the waiting times were always very low.
    I would have to say that any of their staff I had to work with are extremely pleasant and very professional but unfortunately they have gone down the road of Indian support for their systems and internal staff support. Need I say more!!!!!
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,488
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I can't find an interest date in the t&cs, do we then assume it will be on the anniversary of opening or funding?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 July 2017 at 12:26PM
    talexuser wrote: »
    I can't find an interest date in the t&cs, do we then assume it will be on the anniversary of opening or funding?
    It's in the summary box:
    Interest is calculated daily and paid on the last business day of the month and at account closure.

Edit: it is in the Ts & Cs too, clause 22.10:
    Interest is calculated on a daily basis on the amount you have in your account at close of business of each day and will be paid into your account on the last business day of the month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback